X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
    Always been my guess. Right or wrong

I saw ONE.....ONE deer in Throckmorton on last day of season a few years ago in the ice pull one up and chew on it ONCE lol.

Heck I pulled one up and ate it today and it was good....

Same with winter peas, I can grow them 3’ tall... nothing eats them. I tried them once and they were fine

Try the trophy radishes and kale. I used to could grow the turnips 3 foot tall with not near the deer use as I would think. I did some small plot of radishes last year as well as mixing them in. I felt like I got a huge increase on deer eating them. I planted some radishes in my mixes this year on a totally new place; and we replaced radishes on a bunch more small places around the house that have been turnip based. I’ll be interested to see the difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tshelly; 10-13-2018, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ETXHunter99 View Post
      Ttt

Originally posted by Derek Taylor
      Ttt

Ttt, Eye hope know Juan sails you too clowns anything once you gain access to the classifieds.
      That’s all, bye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
        Ttt, Eye hope know Juan sails you too clowns anything once you gain access to the classifieds.
        That’s all, bye.

You and me both. I'd be fine with the mods blocking their account as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
          That’s all, bye.

Right! At least just say you are padding your post count. Why go around posting TTT

Comment

Yes n typical fashion the cold front always plays out before the weekends. I decided to sit a box this morning to shoot pigs. Was running late and they beat me here, **** one then climbed up. Maybe they will come back for more

Comment

Just had a small buck chasing does here in Madison County. Things are looking up.

Comment

Little Buck came to grunt. Chasing does like he thinks he knows what he’s doing

Comment

This is the pits. I’m just after a doe right now and I’ve seen more deer near my house in Spring.

Comment

Originally posted by dataxman View Post
                    Little Buck came to grunt. Chasing does like he thinks he knows what he’s doing

I meant to say Henderson county

Comment

Heard Dad shoot, 2 down 9 million to go

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                        I hope these deer do, lol they will be the first group of deer I’ve ever seen eat one if they do. I like them for the matter they put in ground and the break soil up great in this tight soil

They no doubt make a good looking plot, but utilization by deer has always sucked.. same as winter peas. Never once seen a deer eat one.... but they help with nitrogen so I use sparingly and if a deer want them they are there
                        I think it's what they get used to. Last year I had two plots of American Vetch a couple miles apart. One they kept ate down 6" high, the other they never touched and it grew to 4' plus. Don't know how to encourage them to try it?

Comment

Living through halls hunting post till I get out there next weekend... Waiting on pics

Comment

Told the fam i wasnt gonna arrow a buck this year. Well, that tall G2d 8 pt came in twice today with no shot. If i get one i will not hesitate!

He was at 30 and closing early. He hung up at about 28 and started to test the wind. I hoped he'd keep followin a yearling but he backed off. Then he was at 25 behind the brush. At 815 he came in behind me trotting, passed at 18 and stopped near 50 or 60. I grunted,snorted and prayed and he melted into the creek bottom.

South wind picked up and its cooler now that at daybreak.

Did a little light work on the skinning shed yesterday so if he strolls by tonight I'm ready[emoji16]
                            Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by Quackerbox; 10-13-2018, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              Told the fam i wasnt gonna arrow a buck this year. Well, that tall G2d 8 pt came in twice today with no shot. If i get one i will not hesitate!

He was at 30 and closing early. He hung up at about 28 and started to test the wind. I hoped he'd keep followin a yearling but he backed off. Then he was at 25 behind the brush. At 815 he came in behind me trotting, passed at 18 and stopped near 50 or 60. I grunted,snorted and prayed and he melted into the creek bottom.

South wind picked up and its cooler now that at daybreak.

Did a little light work on the skinning shed yesterday so if he strolls by tonight I'm ready[emoji16]
                              Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Get him!! Good luck! Pretty quiet now. Just got tornado watch for Henderson county. I guess I need to check the radar.

Comment

First shooter buck on cam. Also have a small 8 and spike, as well as doe with two youngsters hitting the small patch of hand thrown clover.

I believe that he is the same 7 point that was around the last two years that never made 13"

Comment

Working...
                                X