Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pressure washers.....Electric versus Gas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the market for a new power washer after the pump on my 18 year old Generac w/ Honda motor spit the bit. Pump is $170 and frankly I can get a new washer for just a little bit more. I use it around the house for the house and brick, driveway/walk way, deck and other miscellaneous stuff.

I was leaning toward another gas one but seems like every place I read including TBH there are a lot of folks that say "I will never go back to a gas unit after using or owning an electric..." Is that pretty much the case these days for a home use unit? I'd love to not have to jack with gas and oil as long as I can get a good unit with good pressure.

What say ye TBH? and what units, gas or electric, do yall recommend? I'd like to keep it under $300..

I’ve got an electric green works 2000 psi that I like. The only complaint I have so far is the hose to the wand is kind of crappy.

https://m.lowes.com/pd/Greenworks-20...RoCEFcQAvD_BwE
    Last edited by Aggiehunter08; 10-25-2017, 10:22 PM.

Comment

I've used both and the only thing I have now is a little $100 electric from Home Depot for about 4yrs now and it has not missed a lick. Does just as good of a job and as fast as my dads $2000 pressure washer and don't have to worry about my boy scarring the concrete.

Comment

If you want good pressure, over 2000psi you have to go gas in your price range.

I was looking for one not too long ago and went with a ryobi electric one from HD. I was mainly getting it to do small clean up jobs and run my foam cannon for washing vehicles and toys.

Comment

I like the ease of storing and using the smaller electric units. And the difference in 1900 psi and 3200 psi isn’t that noticeable around the house to me honestly. Still cleans the concrete and pool patio just as fast and as good. And will blow mud out of the ranger just as efficient. I would go electric again with no regrets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jmoore2006 View Post
            I like the ease of storing and using the smaller electric units. And the difference in 1900 psi and 3200 psi isn’t that noticeable around the house to me honestly. Still cleans the concrete and pool patio just as fast and as good. And will blow mud out of the ranger just as efficient. I would go electric again with no regrets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What unit are you using?

Comment

I bought a Ryobi electric, 1300psi works great

Comment

I have had this one for a couple of years and it has been great. Since you live in Denton also, let me know if you want to borrow it to try it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  What unit are you using?

Spider roll around unit I bought from Home Depot. Takes up as much room as the average shop vac not too heavy and the wife can drag it around. Wand was a pos I just robbed one from my old Dewalt Gas psi washer

Comment

I have this one. https://www.snowjoe.com/products/sun...0-ft-hose-reel

It got good reviews on Amazon, and in the 6 months I’ve owned it, I’ve been very happy.

It does a good job cleaning truck, quads, tractor and driveway.

I haven’t wanted for a higher pressure or volume unit.

The only downer, is that the hoses are proprietary, but since adding another 25’ hose, I’m good to go. They are reasonably priced, and readily available, so not really a big issue.

Off the shelf tips fit it. I have a turbo tip, and a foam cannon that I use often.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I had a 2 Husky brand (bought second after 1st played out) that did what I needed them to do.
                      When the second one played out, I bought a gas powered.
                      I think it's 6 one way, half dozen the other ... you're either going to fool with the gas or drag an extension cord around, along with the water hose.
                      The gas also came with 5 different tips; the electric just had an adjustable end on the wand.

I prefer the gas.

Comment

Thanks for the link felllas.

Anybody know what the life expectancy of the electric ones are?

Comment

I recently bought an electric Ryobi and love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Axe Man View Post
                            I recently bought an electric Ryobi and love it.

Which one?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Which one?

I've used it to clean the sidewalks, old deck wood and the inside of my Pitmaker Smoker. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                              X