• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of this will be put up to age...

Comment

Nice haul!!

Comment

Dang, you fellas are drinking beer I've never heard of! Thanks, I need to get out and look for some of these.

Comment

I like the Revolver Blood and Honey out of Granbury.
          My all time favorite is still good old Shiner Boch.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
            I like the Revolver Blood and Honey out of Granbury.
            My all time favorite is still good old Shiner Boch.
            I like the Revolver High Brass better but Blood and Honey is pretty good

Comment

I'm a big advocate of local beer. Beer does not travel well in a truck. In the greater Houston area, my favorite breweries are Buffalo Bayou, Lone Pint, St. Arnold's, Karbach, and Southern Star, in roughly that order.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                I'm a big advocate of local beer. Beer does not travel well in a truck. In the greater Houston area, my favorite breweries are Buffalo Bayou, Lone Pint, St. Arnold's, Karbach, and Southern Star, in roughly that order.
                Yes sir. Houston has gotten a pretty good selection of craft breweries. I like beer...a lot.

Comment

Yep good beer must be kept cold & fresh...that's why when I pick up my Pliny its put into a iced cooler for the 3hr drive home

Comment

We've got a pretty weak micro brewery scene here in SA. However, the few we've got are pretty darn good. I spend every other Wednesday at the Busted Sandal enjoying some freshly brewed beer at their tap room.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                      Most of this will be put up to age...

That is quite the haul!

Comment

Originally posted by chunkinlead View Post
                        I have a newly acquired taste for IPA's. Sierra Nevada and dogfish head are my favorites so far. Any others I need to try?
                        Stone, Green Flash, Deschutes, Southern Tier, and He'Brew off the top of my head are very good at brewing IPA's.

A good rule of thumb is that west coast breweries produce good IPA's. Their water chemistry is ideal for it.

Comment

Stone, Green Flash, Deschutes, Southern Tier, and He'Brew off the top of my head are very good at brewing IPA's.

A good rule of thumb is that west coast breweries produce good IPA's. Their water chemistry is ideal for it.
                          Never would have thought the water would have that much to do with taste. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by chunkinlead View Post
                              Never would have thought the water would have that much to do with taste. Thanks for the info.
                              Water chemistry is a huge part of the process and is a big reason why the various brewing traditions in Europe are so local.

The other thing that has a huge role in taste that surprised me was yeast. Switch yeast and leave everything else the same and you would swear that they are two completely different beers.

Comment

Hooked up with a few TBHers today and did a little gifting and trading. It was great to meet y'all and thank you for the box of awesome beers (and the cigars) Shadro!

Comment

Working...
                                X