X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heck yeah! Keep the prayers coming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Day 21 update. Coming to you a little late, but for good reasons! Guess who's almost 1000 grams! Emmett is starting to really add the weight. That equates to 2 lbs 3 oz. Another really good day in the books for us. Almost all of his blood work came back good. The only thing low was his platelet counts. It can happen with premature babies, and it's nothing to be worried about for now. We will be praying for that number to come down though to avoid any issues later on.

We have been really concerned with how distended Emmett's belly was. Today was the worst we've seen, so voiced our concerns with his staff. They agreed, and decided to do an xray on his belly. We were so relieved when the results came back showing only gas. Being on the bubble CPAP, air can migrate down to his tummy, causing excess gas. I fully expect little man to blow a hole in that diaper when he's able to release! The nurse gave Emmett a larger feeding tube that should help with venting some of that gas.

I'm going to go ahead and wrap this up. The reason we were so late with this update is that we were given tickets to the Alamo Draft house nearby for a movie tonight. A support group with the hospital gave them to us. Seeing how well Emmett was doing, Krystal and I decided that we felt comfortable enough to seize the opportunity for a date night. It was much needed. As usual, I can't finish an update without thanking you all for the continued prayers and support.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad to read the good news! Also glad y’all got to get out of the hospital for a bit to unwind with a movie. Continued prayers for y’all.

Comment

Great news! Prayers continued.

Comment

Prayer continues

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
              Day 21 update. Coming to you a little late, but for good reasons! Guess who's almost 1000 grams! Emmett is starting to really add the weight. That equates to 2 lbs 3 oz. Another really good day in the books for us. Almost all of his blood work came back good. The only thing low was his platelet counts. It can happen with premature babies, and it's nothing to be worried about for now. We will be praying for that number to come down though to avoid any issues later on.

We have been really concerned with how distended Emmett's belly was. Today was the worst we've seen, so voiced our concerns with his staff. They agreed, and decided to do an xray on his belly. We were so relieved when the results came back showing only gas. Being on the bubble CPAP, air can migrate down to his tummy, causing excess gas. I fully expect little man to blow a hole in that diaper when he's able to release! The nurse gave Emmett a larger feeding tube that should help with venting some of that gas.

I'm going to go ahead and wrap this up. The reason we were so late with this update is that we were given tickets to the Alamo Draft house nearby for a movie tonight. A support group with the hospital gave them to us. Seeing how well Emmett was doing, Krystal and I decided that we felt comfortable enough to seize the opportunity for a date night. It was much needed. As usual, I can't finish an update without thanking you all for the continued prayers and support.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
              Great news. Still praying. Thx for the update

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

more prayers

Comment

As a father of twins that were born at 2lbs 3 oz and 2 lbs 11 oz, your thread brings back lots of memories for me. It is amazing what prayer and love can do in the NICU. Our prayers are with you.

Comment

Prayers continued

Comment

Great news! Emmett and family are in our continued prayers! Amen

Comment

Keep the good updates coming!

Comment

I cannot imagine the emotional roller coaster y’all are on. Continued prayers.

Comment

Still praying for you guys. We know all about those ups and downs but God will continue to protect and provide.

Comment

Great news. Still praying

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X