No announcement yet.

Who Does NOT run Trail Cameras?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you run a lease with community blinds it can get exciting at camp on where everyone is going to hunt with trail cameras going better get there early to get the spot the biggest has been coming to the most !! Either that are make sure you can beat everyone at arm wrestling lol !!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
      When you run a lease with community blinds it can get exciting at camp on where everyone is going to hunt with trail cameras going better get there early to get the spot the biggest has been coming to the most !! Either that are make sure you can beat everyone at arm wrestling lol !!
      I was on a lease in South Texas that had all community stands. It was great. However, we had so many cameras out that it became not only a pain but the traffic was too much. One year we decided not to run cameras. We ended up shooting two of the biggest bucks that year. Next season the vote was to put cameras back out. They eventually went to cellular cameras and the same spots were overhunted.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
        I was on a lease in South Texas that had all community stands. It was great. However, we had so many cameras out that it became not only a pain but the traffic was too much. One year we decided not to run cameras. We ended up shooting two of the biggest bucks that year. Next season the vote was to put cameras back out. They eventually went to cellular cameras and the same spots were overhunted.
        Yep I’m almost leaning on not running cameras during hunting season just from now tell mid September!

Comment

I don't use trail cams, wear camo, use scents, cover scents, feeders, food plots, ect.

I hunt it whatever I happen to be wearing(unless it's white, don't want to get shot) and let the chips fall where they may.

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
            They are great tools. I think game cameras have saved many a young deer that someone gets to really study without having to make a quick decision at crunch time. That being said....do whatever makes you happy. I enjoy running cameras.
            x2

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
              Well if any of fellers got a Reconyx you want to let loose, pm me, maybe we can work something out.

I have 3 Reconyx, I run them year round. I have run TCs since the 90s, probably not gonna stop.

If yall would, explain the too much work statement, or the too much hassle. Can yall explain those please.
              The way I see it humans are lazy and will take the easiest route most of the time. Cameras require a little extra effort that some are not willing to give. i.e. finding a spot to hang the cam, mounting the cam to a tree/bracket, pulling the sd card every time you fill feeders, looking at the pics, changing batteries every 6-8 months. Cameras require even more effort for those who are not camera/tech savy. The new technology scares ALOTTA guys off.

Comment

I have 2 but seldom run...they here at house if I get the urge..

Comment

I never have though I understand their use. I have a new lease and I'll probably put one up in the next month or so just to see what's coming around

Comment

I don't. I have before, but it really didn't add anything to the experience. There are some practical reasons, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We bought 3 Coverts and used them for a year. It was ok and they worked fine.Being 4 hours away regular cameras were a pain to keep up with. I would rather go in not knowing and see what shows up.

Comment

First few years on a lease, I ran them. Once I figured out patterns, etc... in the later years I stopped.

For me, it has never really been about looking out for, or hunting a specific deer... but rather trying to get a feel for when deer, hogs, etc are moving.

On a new lease and have starting running cameras again. But again, not looking out for shooters, but more specifically, checking to see what wanders by certain areas and at what times of the day.

I imagine at some point, on the new place, I'll eventually stop running them once I have a better feel for it.

Comment

Of course being a camera mount guy I think EVERYBODY should use cameras.

I run them year round and was able to time the breading period accurately on a new place last season by watching when my pregnant does delivered and calculate back.

As to taking the mystery out I get that but I also see it as realizing that that good buck I’ve only seen in night time pics is in the area and it motivates me to hunt harder.

Comment

I was running 9 on our 52 acres. I checked them every weekend for the first year, now the batteries are dead and I dont think I am going to get them running. If you spend enough time, you will know where the deer want to be and their patterns.

Comment

#trailcameralivesmatter

Unfortunately they are a much needed tool in Wildlife Management. Ive tried to figure out how to phase them out but i cant see the results being positive for our program.

Comment

On the larger ranches with a defined management plan. Yes makes total sense and I can see where the public land would be a benefit.

Not saying I don't own any. I have 2 set up on my sons chicken coop at the Ag Barn. I will catch the kids that keep messing with our girls.

Comment

Working...
                                X