Sargent Fishing Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sargent Fishing Question?

I have always fished the beaches of Galveston, Freeport, and Bolivar and for the first time a few weekends ago when to Sargent or it's beaches.

My question is what am I missing here? I go down the road in which you go over the little bridge then the few hundred feet the road ends and you are forced to turn right. I go right and then i am on the beach. You can drive down another maybe 1 mile on the beach and then you can't go anymore. I thought that Sargent was like what Galveston use to be in which you could driver for a few miles of beach.

Can someone give me a better idea of where i should be going? Thanks everyone for the help.

the last time I was there you could turn left. was it barricaded?

just looked at a google earth sat view that was taken in march this year and it looks to be open.
    Last edited by stickerpatch59; 05-23-2018, 07:03 AM.

Comment

There's a road that runs a little north of the beach, or you can drive on the beach. But Sargent is nothing like Galveston.

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
        the last time I was there you could turn left. was it barricaded?

just looked at a google earth sat view that was taken in march this year and it looks to be open.
        once you are at the beach the only direction you could truly turn is right. once you cross the bridge and actually hit the beach you do have immediate beach access but that beach is so short in depth that i didn't see anyone on it. So your only other option is to back up a few feet and there is a road that goes to the right (if you are looking at the water). that road does what i mentioned, it puts you onto the beach but once on it, you can drive that mile or so and then you can't go any further. There is a bend into the beach that it looks like a smaller version of San Luis Pass. There is the other side where i could see people but i didn't know how to get over there.

Comment

Turn left next time.

Comment

Turn left before the beach last road like the picture above shows. We always fish way down east of the bridge.

Comment

To the right is caney creek. Go down to the left. Not the best driving but you should be able to make it down to at least cedar lakes. Not sure if that guy is open or not. If not you can go a long ways down. All the way to brazos. I think San Bernard mouth is silted in.

Comment

Should have done the turn to the left. When you are driving in you can see houses to the left, i just assumed the that road to the left dead ended into the houses. Thanks everyone.

Comment

Just gonna jump in here and ask if it is legal to camp on the beach down there?

Never mind, quick interwebs search answered my question.
                  Last edited by Stoof; 05-23-2018, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by b.a.saha View Post
                    To the right is caney creek. Go down to the left. Not the best driving but you should be able to make it down to at least cedar lakes. Not sure if that guy is open or not. If not you can go a long ways down. All the way to brazos. I think San Bernard mouth is silted in.
                    Bernard mouth was open as of this past weekend, but not by much.

Comment

Anybody fished Caney Creek lately? I think we are going down there this weekend. Probably just fish from our pier don't know if I want to mess with getting the boat out.

Comment

Working...
                      X