Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to buy a Fred Bear bow...who hunts with one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to buy a Fred Bear bow...who hunts with one?

I shoot an old school Fred Bear Omni Pro compound bow. I've been hunting with this bow since 2005 and I'm ready to upgrade to a new one. I'm am going to stick with the Fred Bear line so was looking for some feed back on who hunts with one? I'm really liking the line of 2013 bows...the "Method" looks real nice and won't break the bank and would be a huge upgrade to what I shoot now. I'm just looking for suggestions and what not....thanks!

If your stuck on bear then check out the new anarchy.

Comment

Timm(2050z) can help you out. And there are a few others that shoot Bear bows. They are some good ones!

Comment

I still have my SQ32. Love it.

Comment

wheres Ragin' at....i think bear is his new sugar daddy

Comment

I currently shoot a 07 bear truth. I would like to upgrade, but I shoot it so well that I can't bring myself to spend the money. I am going to have to buy a new set of strings and cables after this season though.
            If I were to buy one I think I would go with the domain. I am thinking about getting my wife the apprentice 2 so we can shoot together.

Comment

I'm still shooting a 2007 Bear Instinct. No complaints.

Comment

Bear makes great bows.......I shot a Truth 2 for 3 years and loved it; handed it down to one of my sons earlier this year and got a new Anarchy. Have been very happy with it. They have a great product line that spans a lot of price points.

Comment

Shoot a PM to Ragin', he know shoots for Bear and can give you some in an outs on their new bows.

Comment

Great feed back and I appreciate it. I have narrowed it down to 3 bows from the 2013 line up. The Method, Domain and Empire. I'm sure I can't go wrong with any of them...

Comment

I shoot the truth. Love mine. I got it second hand. I wanted carnage originally but price was out of my range. Ill upgrade in year or two.

Ragin is the guy on here that's representing bear. Give him a holler.

Comment

I shoot a Mauler, my first bow was Bear ( i cant remember which model) but it was back in the early eighties. like it then and love my mauler today!

Comment

i got a carnage this year. great bow.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                            Great feed back and I appreciate it. I have narrowed it down to 3 bows from the 2013 line up. The Method, Domain and Empire. I'm sure I can't go wrong with any of them...
                            I've not shot any of the 2013 bows yet, but just judging by my experience with my Carnage and Zach's Attack I'd say you'll do well with Bear. The Carnage is an upgraded Attack, basically. And the Anarchy is a longer version of the Carnage.

The Domain looks to be similar to Zach's Attack from a couple years ago. Great bow without some of the extra features that the higher end bows have. The Attack doesn't have a roller guard (neither does the Domain). The Attack's draw length adjust in 1" increments rather than 1/2". Domain says it adjusts in 1/2" increments though.

The Method looks like a dual cam version of the Attack/Carnage/Anarchy without a roller guard. I don't know if timing would be a problem on the dual cam bows or not.

The Empire looks like a single cam version of the new Motive. Those straighter limbs might not require a special set of jaws on a bow vise. That could be a plus if you need to change strings or something.

Honestly, I think you should look at the Anarchy too. I LOVE my Carnage. I shot recently with a guy shooting a Matthews Helim. He was shocked at how much quieter my bow was than his. It was literally night and day on noise level. And mine was just as fast, if not a little faster too. The Anarchy is pretty much the same bow, just 35" ATA length, which I think I'd like.

Comment

I shoot an '11 Bear Charge and really like it. I would love to upgrade to a Carnage or the new '13 Motive 7 or Motive 6. I like the shorter axle to axle bows.

All the Bear bows I have shot seem to be really smooth and very nice pieces of equipment. The only complaint with my bow is that I was brand new to bowhunting at the end of last year and was on a very limited budget so I had to get lower line. Wish I would have spent another $200 on a higher end Bear bow that was faster and better RTH package equipment. I have since spent alot of money and replaced all the RTH equipment on my bow.

Comment

Working...
                              X