4x or 6x HHA lens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4x or 6x HHA lens?

My dad and I plan on getting the lens kits for our HHA 1 5/8 sights but arent sure if we should go with the 4x mag or 6x, any opinions?

I'd say a 4x......

I've read posts in the past of needing to have a clarifier peep for anything over 4x lens.

Might want to search around ArcheryTalk.

Comment

FWIW, it's just added weight on the string and more expense.

But, if you're interested I know Specialty archery makes good quality peeps with interchangable apetures and clarifiers, but they're a little pricey.

Compound bow accessories, archery equipment, & more designed for complete and ultimate precision. Shop our full selection of products here!

Might be able to find a good deal on amazon or ebay.

Comment

4 for sure
        i have the 4 and if the deer or pig is 15 yards i have a tough time picking my exact target bc its so magged... any more mag and i wouldnt see anything but brown in my sight.

I have the clarifier too, i love my setup

Comment

What are the clarifiers?

Comment

Aperatures you can buy and screw into your peep....

check out the link. It'll answswer most of your questions I bet.

Comment

Interested on these clarifiers. Do I need to get a new peep if I get one? Does it really make a difference especially with the 4x magnification lense?

Comment

Speciality peep makes a peep that accepts clarifiers and verifiers. It is a confusing issue and unless you are willing to buy a whole box of different sizes, it's best to try them out at your pro shop to find which one you need and which size. One has a lens, one doesn't. The lenses come in different powers too. I don't have a lens in the peep (which I think is a verifier); it makes the peep aperture smaller so it fits my scope housing size.

As far as lenses, it depends on what you are doing. Indoor shoots may be best with a 6X but anything outdoors over a longer distance would best be served with a 4x or even a 2x. I know some pros that don't use a lens at all.

FWIW- I use a 4X lens for most of my target shooting; I don't use a lens for hunting.

Comment

Working...
                X