No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kirby, I think your heart and mind are in the right place. All will be revealed. And all pain will be gone when we reach our final destination with our Father.

Comment

Amen

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
        Had tags. From the looks of it he may have traveled off the corp land and they shot him on private and dumped him by a bunch of trash just north of the b6 parking area.

It's my fault. He was 9. His hearing was worse than I realized apparently.

He was trained to avoid cars, as I've lived in the city most my life.

As much as part of me would like to ring the neck of whoever did it, I can't hold that kind of hatred in my heart. LJ was a great dog. I had him for 9 great years. He was my uncle's dog but when he passed away I got him at 6 months. LJ was named after my grandfather, the initials stood for Lawrence John. But I digress.

As hard as it is, I forgive whoever shot my dog. I pray that God softens their heart. And if by some slim chance you are reading this, I pray that you would realize the pain that you have caused me. But giving pain for pain will not bring LJ back. So I beseech the only one who can do anything about this, and ask that the Lord take care of this, and take this pain from me. Because one day Jesus is going to settle all accounts, and I'll know then what happened.

I don't know if dogs go to heaven. But I know there's at least one horse up there because Jesus will come back riding one according to His Word. I pray that when I get there or he calls me home, that there's a little red heeler waiting to welcome me home to that mansion Jesus has been building up there since he went to be with the Father after His ascension. But if LJ is not in heaven, I truly believe that God has something so much greater in store that it will wipe away the pain that I feel now.

I'm sorry for pulling this thread so off topic, and I hope you all have a good season.
        Man, sorry for you loss. We just lost a dog at 6 years old. Still unsure what happened, only know she went into antiflactic shock and by the time it was figured out it was to late. Still hurts like sum-b-i-t-ch.

Was just checking out the post to see how folks were doing. Got my permit for this area for duck season, but really been thinking about learning it for deer.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your dog Kirby. Hope you find out who did it.

My phone has been acting up for about a month now. It finally fried the motherboard. Luckily I got all my pictures off of it before it did. Went and got my old phone going yesterday. Didn't have a phone for my last hunt.

Storm sorry I missed the gathering. Had to go out of town with work for training for a week, then go again two weeks later. Barely had time to bait a spot weekend before season started. Maybe next time. Congrats to your son!

In my stand now.

Comment

On stand for the first time this year. Only a few turkeys so far. I'm really excited about my new set up. I'm surrounded by oaks dropping acorns by the truck load. Not a trace left of the 50 lbs of corn I put out Sunday before opener. Brought some of the Apple scented in today.

Comment

Anyone having luck out there yet?

Comment

Be careful out there! Hunted yesterday evening at B4 and when the rain started this little guy slithered with in a foot of my chair. I didn't even notice the rattle snake until he was heading away from me.

Last edited by DFW Rusty; 10-04-2017, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Sitting all day... probably won't see anything til last 10 minutes of daylight lol. That's the way it usually goes

Comment

He's so well hid in the pic, I can't even see him on my cell.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Should have killed him

Comment

Well, my day concluded with to doe in the corn for about 40 minutes. It took a lot of restraint not take one, but I was really hoping one of the big boys would show up. Also I don't really want to scent the place up tracking a nd dressing a doe. I've got a couple nice bucks in the area and I'm trying to be as low impact as possible. I sat all day because I have multiple pics of both of them coming to corn at all hours several in the 11a to 3p slot, but dang it was a scorcher when the sun got high.

Comment

Me and my buddy are in here today. After I dropped him off had 3 boats pass by me as I was gearing up. Good luck to those guys if they on tbh. At least one isn't far from me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by wlgorman View Post
                            Me and my buddy are in here today. After I dropped him off had 3 boats pass by me as I was gearing up. Good luck to those guys if they on tbh. At least one isn't far from me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                            Friend is hunting at whitney today said he heard several boats show up way late

Comment

For some strange reason, people think they are going to get away from others, or access lands not used by others, by using boats. But the boat traffic will say different.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                                For some strange reason, people think they are going to get away from others, or access lands not used by others, by using boats. But the boat traffic will say different.

Same thing here at Aquilla, feed the hogs all u want, get deep n the woods!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X