Best conceal carry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best conceal carry

I have been reading reviews and handling several options for a concealed carry 9mm.....looking at shield,lc9,CDs, etc but I would like some feedback

Thoughts...

Glock 26 , if you can handle the trigger . Also with the advancement of ammunitions don't be afraid to look at smaller calibers if you can't find one you like in 9MM . . .

Comment

I love my S&W Shield, but I'm guessing they are still hard to come by. I've always thought the best thing to do was to go to a range where you can rent guns and shoot a handful of different ones. Then you'll find the one that feels most comfortable to you.

Comment

Take a look at the Kahr pm9.

Jeff

Comment

I see lots of suggestions on the GS about what kind of conceal carry you need and what is the best. I'm telling you that you should buy something small enough, light enough and easy to get to that you possibly can. If it is uncomfortable in any way, or difficult to conceal in whatever you might be wearing that day, then don't buy it. I'm talking about dress clothes, down to a T shirt and shorts. It needs to be second nature while attached to your clothing/body to the point that you almost forget it's there. If it becomes a problem, then you will not wear it EVERYTIME you leave your house!! It does not have to be "cool or manly looking". Don't matter what the manufactures name is either. I'd much rather have a .380 on me at ALL TIMES, than a 9mm or .45 or whatever you might be considering, if that weapon is not 100% concealable and comfortable enough to always be on your person.

Comment

Originally posted by jwal View Post
            Take a look at the Kahr pm9.

Jeff
            This, my everyday, appendix carry, forget it is there. Great little shooter
            Attached Files
            Last edited by bps3040; 09-06-2013, 07:22 AM.

Comment

LC9 here

Comment

A couple more pics
                Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378473851.810558.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	24240900Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378473874.865669.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	24240901

Comment

The biggest I can conceal at the time.
                  I've added a few since this was taken. But, I almost always have one of these on me.

Comment

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
                    I see lots of suggestions on the GS about what kind of conceal carry you need and what is the best. I'm telling you that you should buy something small enough, light enough and easy to get to that you possibly can. If it is uncomfortable in any way, or difficult to conceal in whatever you might be wearing that day, then don't buy it. I'm talking about dress clothes, down to a T shirt and shorts. It needs to be second nature while attached to your clothing/body to the point that you almost forget it's there. If it becomes a problem, then you will not wear it EVERYTIME you leave your house!! It does not have to be "cool or manly looking". Don't matter what the manufactures name is either. I'd much rather have a .380 on me at ALL TIMES, than a 9mm or .45 or whatever you might be considering, if that weapon is not 100% concealable and comfortable enough to always be on your person.
                    ^^^^ THIS! I couldn't agree more. The beauty of this logic is that you start of with something that you can always carry no matter what. You can then, if you desire, buy another down the road that is slightly bigger caliber, more rounds that you feel you can conceal with other parts of your wardrobe.

Comment

The keltec pf-9 is a good 9mm. It's single stack so it's very flat. You can use the beltclip instead of a holster. I prefer not having a round in the chamber when using the beltclip, and I practice drawing and racking the slide a lot.

For coat weather, a Colt defender is nice, but I have trouble concealing it in a t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                        ^^^^ THIS! I couldn't agree more. The beauty of this logic is that you start of with something that you can always carry no matter what. You can then, if you desire, buy another down the road that is slightly bigger caliber, more rounds that you feel you can conceal with other parts of your wardrobe.
                        The failure with this logic...in regards to 9mm's.. is the newer 9mm's are as small or smaller than the aforementioned .380's..
                        I carry my LC9 all the time - it's slim (single stacked), compact and contoured for concealed carry. I also carry spare magazines equally as comfortably.

Comment

ruger lcr 38 carry it evere day don't even know it's there

Comment

Also with the advancement in frame size with larger calibers don't be afraid to go bigger as well. I carry a Springfield xd .45 4". I have a de santis leather tuck able and its easy to conceal I wear it with shorts and a t shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by marceco View Post
                              Glock 26 , if you can handle the trigger . Also with the advancement of ammunitions don't be afraid to look at smaller calibers if you can't find one you like in 9MM . . .
                              X2

Comment

Working...
                              X