Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the lamest reason you have ever been pulled over for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KLWoodall View Post
    Rain storm in Belton the week I got out of the Military at Ft. Hood. Headed to the post and it started raining hard as I passed one of the Belton schools. The lights were not flashing and there were cars front and back of me.
    He walked up and I said, "sorry to get you out in this weather."
    He said I was doing 40 in a school zone, which was the speed limit unless the lights are flashing.
    I said, "what time do the lights come on and what is your departments policy on running RADAR in inclement weather."
    He looked at me like a dog looking at a card trick so I said running RADAR in a rain storm.
    He said to call the department and gave me a Mandatory Court ticket.
    I didn't go, I never paid. I got a letter from the City of Belton once. That was in 2000, I think the statute of limitations passed. Ha
    They sent it to collections, would be my guess. I had one pop up 4 1/2 years later. They actually called my dad (we have the same name), and he sic'ed them on me.

Comment

When I was in college, we went to Fredericksburg. There was so much traffic on the strip that it was basically a parking lot. Chumbawamba - Tubthumping came on the radio, and my buddies turned the volume to 11 and started singing to pedestrians.

I saw flashing lights and heard a tiny siren. We were being pulled over by a policeman on a bicycle. Then three more police cruisers arrived, pinning us in from all sides and blocking traffic even more. It was a good time and we ended up with no ticket and directions to a good place to eat lunch. Guess those cops were bored.

Oh the days.

Comment

115 in a 50. I was running late for a hot date, I got a pat on the back and a warning.

Comment

Turning right from a Dairy Queen onto the highway without using my signal because there was a gap in traffic and it was my one chance for a while and I had to think fast. An off duty cop was getting gas across the street and called it in. They caught up with me 10+ miles down the road. Turned into about a 40 min stop with 4 cops and 3 cars grilling me about everything imaginable: weapons, drugs, dead bodies, etc. I'm like "I just turned right man" lol. And what's really sad is I use my blinker 99% of the time.. About twice as much as most Texans

I also got pulled over once for having a clear license plate cover like you can buy at Autozone and that you see tons of people use. Apparently they are illegal in Texas..
          Last edited by Deers & Beers; 04-12-2018, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Got pulled over in downtown Terrell at 5 am one Sunday morning for having only 1 license plate light working by DPS. I was headed to go fishing. He saw my TBH sticker and we talked bowhunting for probably 20 minutes. I got him to confess that he was looking for drunks coming home...told him I couldn't blame him for trying. Got a warning.
            Coming into Broken Bow Oklahoma one Friday afternoon around 5 pm. with a canoe sticking out of the back of my truck. Very nice local officer, told me to sit in his cruiser while he ran my license. We talked for a good 15 minutes about fishing, where we floated the river and all that. He admitted that this was drunk driving time for that area and he thought I fit the profile (except that I hadn't been drinking). Didn't get a warning or anything. That cop must've been 6'8" tall but nice.

So many other stories but I'll leave it at that. Most times I have deserved it when they did pull me over and honestly I have received more warnings than I should have.

Comment

Some hot rod in Halletsville pulled me over one evening coming back from the coast. He was trying to catch people drinking best I can figure. He told me he pulled me over because the license plate cover was touching the T in Texas....I obviously looked at him like he had a **** on his head.

Comment

Back when I worked for Nokona Baseball Gloves, I was pulled over twice so cops could look at baseball gloves.

Comment

When I first moved back to Houston after graduating college, I got stopped for running a red light (Was yellow but didn't fight it). He asked for my insurance & DL and I provided. He went back to his car and came back probably at least 10 mins later and handed me 5 tickets.

The 5 tickets I received: No insurance (Which I provided a copy to him but he said he needed the actual policy), running a red light, not changing my address (had been there a month), bald tire, & cracked windshield. He handed me the tickets, said very little in regards to the insurance and just walked off. He never said I could leave, have a good day, etc. so I figured he wasn't done with me yet, so I waited. After about 5 minutes of waiting, I got his attention and asked if I could go. He kind of frustratingly waved his hands for me to go.

I, of course fought all the tickets except running the red light. Went to JP and got the DL address and no insurance dismissed (I let the jp know that this was the same insurance copy I provided to the cop and she was shocked that I got a ticket.

The remaining two tickets I had to set up night court in downtown Houston and I had to go on a Friday night. There were about 60 other people there. Out of all the people that were there, my cop was there and one other cop between the 60 people. So it went pretty fast and if the issuing cop wasn't there the judge dismissed. So I had my turn and I had documentation from a mechanic that my tires weren't bald or the crack in the windshield didn't impede my vision ( crack on passenger side). Judge quickly dismissed the tickets after I provided documentation. So I had to pay for 1 ticket after all of that.

To this day, I still have no clue why he was so hard on me.

Comment

Pulled over for not having 2 working license plate lights. Funny thing is you only need 1 to pass inspection. I'm sure it was just to check if I had been drinking. Got a warning.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
                      I really think I got everyone beat on this one.

Headed home on 180 from the lease pretty close to Mineral Wells, middle of the afternoon. Pulling a trailer with my 4 wheeler on it. Current tag and every light worked on the trailer. Not speeding and I knew it.

DPS slid up beside me and then got behind me and hit the lights. I immediately looked at my buddy and went "you got any clue why I am getting stopped?" He was lost as well.

Safety chains not being crossed on my trailer. I **** you not. The safety chains were both hooked but they were straight from the trailer to the truck and not crossed under the tongue. Got to get out and fix them but luckily just a warning.

Had to do some calling and asking because I could not find it in the law anywhere. Apparently it is a Federal DOT regulation and obviously DPS Troopers enforce DOT regs all the time.

Thank goodness I had a witness because I would not believe that story from anyone else.
                      Yep. The place I bought my trailer was really cool for informing me about that little detail. They said it was like a $75 fine if you don't cross your chains...and I've heard from several that it's enforced heavily.

Comment

1970's. Returning from a camping trip got pulled over for having long hair and a canoe on top of truck in Pineland, TX. Officer tells us they had a rash of canoe thefts and we looked like hippies. He gets us out of the truck and proceeds to search the truck. He asked if we had any weapons. We told him only pocket knives, which he promptly confiscated. Mine was a old yellow handled two blade Case which my grandfather had given me when I was 12 yrs. old.

My buddy had just bought the canoe and had the receipt in the glove box. He puts us in his cruiser and starts questioning us about drugs. We had nothing. No beer, no weed, nada. My buddy is in the front seat of his car and notices a marijuana pipe and rolling papers on the console. This cop was a NUT. He would be calmly talking with us one minute then the next he was yelling at us accusing us of being drug dealers.

He finally let us go but refused to return our pocket knives.

Comment

Got pulled over by Harris county (motorcycle) on I10 in Baytown one Sunday on the way home from deer hunting. He walked up, and looks inside my wifes Yukon, and tells me its illegal to drink and drive. I lifted the can. Diet RC cola...........
                          Then he proceeds to talk about which 4 wheeler I liked best. The Polaris 500 Sportsman or the Honda 350..........
                          Never asked for DL or insurance.
                          Lesto!!

Comment

Originally posted by simp76 View Post
                            When I first moved back to Houston after graduating college, I got stopped for running a red light (Was yellow but didn't fight it). He asked for my insurance & DL and I provided. He went back to his car and came back probably at least 10 mins later and handed me 5 tickets.

The 5 tickets I received: No insurance (Which I provided a copy to him but he said he needed the actual policy), running a red light, not changing my address (had been there a month), bald tire, & cracked windshield. He handed me the tickets, said very little in regards to the insurance and just walked off. He never said I could leave, have a good day, etc. so I figured he wasn't done with me yet, so I waited. After about 5 minutes of waiting, I got his attention and asked if I could go. He kind of frustratingly waved his hands for me to go.

I, of course fought all the tickets except running the red light. Went to JP and got the DL address and no insurance dismissed (I let the jp know that this was the same insurance copy I provided to the cop and she was shocked that I got a ticket.

The remaining two tickets I had to set up night court in downtown Houston and I had to go on a Friday night. There were about 60 other people there. Out of all the people that were there, my cop was there and one other cop between the 60 people. So it went pretty fast and if the issuing cop wasn't there the judge dismissed. So I had my turn and I had documentation from a mechanic that my tires weren't bald or the crack in the windshield didn't impede my vision ( crack on passenger side). Judge quickly dismissed the tickets after I provided documentation. So I had to pay for 1 ticket after all of that.

To this day, I still have no clue why he was so hard on me.
                            Maybe you reminded him of a guy who stole a girl he wanted to date....

Comment

1. Pulled over one night for having a tail light out. LEO proceeded to give me a lecture and acted like he was doing me a favor by giving me a warning. He still checked my proof of insurance, ran my plates and checked my registration and inspection stickers. I was like, sorry officer, I will fix it tomorrow. I don't check my lights every time I drive my truck at night. Wasn't upset he pulled me over, but please spare me the lecture on something petty like that.

2. Pulled over after going through a yellow light one time. LEO even admitted the light was yellow, but he wanted to lecture me that yellow means you should stop if safely possible. He didn't like that I gassed it a bit to get through the intersection. Got a warning on that one as I didn't technically break any laws. He still took my license and ran my plates.

Comment

Man I love these threads, but not in a sarcastic way most would think. I guess I’ve never really considered how inconvenienced most felt for being stopped for what most felt were petty violations. I will say that some the above posts are correct, in that so many stops for what appears to be very minor things lead to good arrests, recovered property and recovered people.

Comment

Working...
                                X