Think I got a snake strike on game cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
    The one that eluded me Thursday while mowing was about 5'. Tried to back over him with the bush hog but he made it out of the pen. And by the time I caught up to him he was in the tall stuff. When they make it in there they got lucky with me.
    If that's him you shouldn't have any trouble seeing him so that's a plus. You don't step on snakes that big,you trip over them.

Comment

You know how I feel about it..... burn it down

Comment

About 500 yards to the east of that pen I walked up on a 4.5ft snake last year. It wasn't aggressive but you just never know what might set those snakes off. In 3 years I saw one rattle snake on that place.

Comment

Yeah I think all this water has them looking for higher ground which is where this pen is. Lots of standing water around it.

Comment

cool pics

Comment

I dont see a snake. Maybe b/c i’m on my phone

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                I dont see a snake. Maybe b/c i’m on my phone
                Yeah its kinda of difficult to see. I took the pics off my laptop with my phone but dasically it's the dark long spot on the ground. Have another pic when the snake it heading back under the feeder where you can make out the stripes on his tail pretty good.

Comment

I don't see a snake.

Comment

Boy they were moving tonight. Third snake I seen this evening. This dude almost got me.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by easttxbowbender View Post
                      You know how I feel about it..... burn it down
                      x1000. Burn it all to the ground. Find somewhere else to hunt.

Comment

See it? We share a firewood pile together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep had two smaller ones scoot off the road ahead of me walking to the blind. I saw this guy scurry off with in pretty close proximity of my brush blind. Put a couple rounds in him as he moved off.

Went ahead and sat anyway. I could here him in the grass about 20' from me. Then had a few does come out. Finally decided on which one to shoot when the grass behind me starting moving alot closer than I cared for. As I turned it was the same snake heading right for me at 4' from my chair. It was at this point I put the deer thing on hold.

I stood up and turned to shoot the thing, but my chair was in the way. So in one motion I was backing up and emptying my clip at the same time. Hit him about three times. None in the head. Now he's ****** and I'm out of ammo. So I quickly grab my fold up double bull chair and went to wailing on this dude. Pretty comical looking back on it. But in the end I prevailed.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                            Yep had two smaller ones scoot off the road ahead of me walking to the blind. I saw this guy scurry off with in pretty close proximity of my brush blind. Put a couple rounds in him as he moved off.

Went ahead and sat anyway. I could here him in the grass about 20' from me. Then had a few does come out. Finally decided on which one to shoot when the grass behind me starting moving alot closer than I cared for. As I turned it was the same snake heading right for me at 4' from my chair. It was at this point I put the deer thing on hold.

I stood up and turned to shoot the thing, but my chair was in the way. So in one motion I was backing up and emptying my clip at the same time. Hit him about three times. None in the head. Now he's ****** and I'm out of ammo. So I quickly grab my fold up double bull chair and went to wailing on this dude. Pretty comical looking back on it. But in the end I prevailed.
                            That’s a fat SOB.

Comment

Good to hear the good guy won! It is pretty funny to think of the scene though. Full mag dump snake still coming and peoed, wacking at it with a chair. I like to carry the Judge for times like that. .410 nice pattern up close get's em.

Comment

What a fatty!

Comment

Working...
                                X