No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went out today with pig addiction to try to get on some hogs....walked the equestrian trails around the lake....saw some deer, killed an 18 inch rattlesnake and saw a ton of hog sign from last night...no hogs....but I guarantee there is a bunch out....gonna wait until I kill a couple deer and it's cooler to head back out there...no ticks believe it or not. Oh and saw a bunch of doves....maybe take my lab out tomorrow eve...

Comment

Oh and I was talking crap to everyone who needs snake boots....almost got me..

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
        Went out today with pig addiction to try to get on some hogs....walked the equestrian trails around the lake....saw some deer, killed an 18 inch rattlesnake and saw a ton of hog sign from last night...no hogs....but I guarantee there is a bunch out....gonna wait until I kill a couple deer and it's cooler to head back out there...no ticks believe it or not. Oh and saw a bunch of doves....maybe take my lab out tomorrow eve...

Cant believe no ticks! They are usually thick out there this time of year. How high was the lake with all this rain?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas5o View Post
          Do people still hunt squirrel, dove (in season), ducks (in season), hogs, and predators while the deer season is going? If so, are they hunting the same areas as the deer hunters or are their separate areas designated for each?
          I've never done any public land hunting but think it would suck to be in a stand, and have someone come by trying to chase up some dove, or sneak up on a squirrel with their shotgun, or set up nearby and start varmint calling......I'm just sayin'.............
          I have had Squirrel hunter young and old and definitly dove hunters early and late season, I have also had rabbit hunters with and without dogs, duck hunters and pig hunters.
          You need to wear your hunter orange and let them know you are in a stand and they will avoid you unless the are an idiot. The fact of the matter is they actually move the deer and you get to see more and as Dirty Mike stated Granger is plenty big.
          I didn't get drawn this year however I will be out there hog hunting every chance I am not at Nails Creek deeer hunting, if I see ya I will avoid ya. Have a great season

Comment

Anyone get notification yet about Granger deer draw?

Comment

Yep check your status....not selected is what most of us have seen...hope you dont see that as you are a local guy!

Comment

Not selected. I got picked the last two years in a row. Oh well. Plan on getting out there for some pigs soon though!!

Comment

Not selected here!! Haven't ever drawn out for the post card hunt there

Comment

Can anyone give me some advise on what I need to be able to hunt Granger for hog and what I need should know before I go?

Comment

Originally posted by Deer Destroyer View Post
                      Can anyone give me some advise on what I need to be able to hunt Granger for hog and what I need should know before I go?

Yes sir, start at page one of this thread. It's that easy. you will learn more than any one or 5 people could type out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                        Yes sir, start at page one of this thread. It's that easy. you will learn more than any one or 5 people could type out for you.
                        bring yo running shoes! Granger pigs arent your run of the mill normal pigs.

Comment

Just about time to get out there! I am going to hit double g this week and get all sighted in.. anyone interested in pushing 7 for a few hours in a week or two?

Comment

Yes sir! About that time! Hit me up I'll head out there if I'm free.

Comment

Yall Let ME Know When. 254 493 4454 Yall Know I'm Always Down To Ruin Hogs!!

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
                                Yes sir! About that time! Hit me up I'll head out there if I'm free.
                                Excellent! I will let yall know once Im all tuned up and ready to roll. Its a perfect morning for hunting today.... I am stuck at the station, anyone going out? Im ready to start seeing pictures of some bacon!

Comment

Working...
                                X