Deer protein choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bowdacious View Post
    I know nothing about protein, but want to start in the near future. Sorry for the ignorance, but what is the logic behind this?
    Think he was referring to the changes in percentages for different times of year, not the general use of protein.
    Im currious also as dont know much about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dillakilla View Post
      Think he was referring to the changes in percentages for different times of year, not the general use of protein.
      Im currious also as dont know much about it.
      Yes, I meant the change in 20% to 16% at different times of the year. As opposed to 20% year round

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
        Lyssy & Eckel for the last 14 yrs and Purina for the 14 yrs before that. L&E can be bought in Simons Brothers in Roosevelt.
        Love that place! How far do you hunt from there?

Comment

L/E. we get ours bulk from Simon Brothers in Roosevelt...delivered to Ft. McKavett

Comment

L/E sent Macy Ledbetter to our place and they vary our protein percentage depending on rainfall amounrts....also they give us a different mineral base for our area...

Comment

Has anyone tried Producers Coop in Bryan, Texas protien mix? It's a 20% pellet. We bought some the other day to try. It was around $9.50 a bag. Everything I've found in Lufkin is around $15 a bag. We buy all our cow feed from Producers so it's no trouble getting it.

Comment

Whole Cottonseed...its easy to feed, don't have to worry about it getting wet either.

Comment

Originally posted by dwactx View Post
                  Whole Cottonseed...its easy to feed, don't have to worry about it getting wet either.
                  Where Can I find this? Any feed stores close to I-10??

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
                    Lyssy & Eckel for the last 14 yrs and Purina for the 14 yrs before that. L&E can be bought in Simons Brothers in Roosevelt.
                    What do they charge at Simon Brothers? Delivered in bulk versus bags? (If you know)

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                      What do they charge at Simon Brothers? Delivered in bulk versus bags? (If you know)
                      I do not know about pricing, just know they are dealer for L&E. The keep L&E bulk and bagged as well as a private label IIRC. There is another large L&E dealer down at Fredonia as wells an L&E store in Llano that keep both bulk and bagged feeds. There is an up charge I am sure due to freight to get it to them from below SA at the mill. IIRC I think all 3 stores I listed have bulk trucks/trailers to fill feeders also. Bulk is generally $25/ton or so cheaper than bagged deliver per ton price comparison on most feeds.

Comment

Hondo, Tx looks like the place for me
                        Mummies Feed store and L&E both located here!! Thanks for the help guys

Comment

L/E in Roosevelt/Simon Brothers is $440 per ton delivered....

Comment

L/E at Simon Brothers is $10 a bag.I hunt about 5 miles from the store.Easy off easy on I-10 at Roosevelt.
                            Last edited by huntingarcher; 02-16-2017, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

This is a good read about protein:

Comment

Working...
                                X