Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mountain Creek Hunting Club near Medina - Feedback?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mountain Creek Hunting Club near Medina - Feedback?

Anyone have info about a hunting club called Mountain Creek? Supposedly it is 3300 acres, can have up to 65 members. It's 850/gun for 15 days or 1400/30 days. Low fenced. Supposed to have blackbuck, sika, axis, moufflon, aoudad, WT, turkey, hogs. Stands and feeders placed - don't have to buy corn. Apparently it's spread out across a couple of ranches their may be a small tropy fee in some of the areas to hunt. Anyway, I was thinking about joining. Any feedback at all would be very helpful. Don't want to get caught in a bad deal. Thanks in advance.

my father owns a place out that way, where abouts is it? I've never heard of the place myself. If you give me any info I can ask my dad see if he knows anything about it.

Comment

Is this place in Medina?

Comment

Yep, it's in Medina.

Comment

I joined for this year and will not be back not because of the people running it but because of the people hunting there. On January 3rd, they reported 42 deer taken. However, a few were really small does (45-55lbs). The guide and ranch manager were really upset but you can't take back a few bad decisions by hunters. Also, there was an occasion where someone brought pot with them. Don't know if they were hunting while on it but I don't need to be anywhere close to that for many reasons!

When I hunted about 2 days, I didn't see a single animal (Deer, Hog, etc). However, 1 day was really bad weather. So you can't really take what I didn't see with much weight.

They have 2 ranches they use primarilly with a third trophy ranch. You can hunt year round but the guide and manager go to Alaska to pan for gold in March and presumably for the summer.

Hope this helps. I'm not trying to bash the place just telling you what I saw or didn't see.

Comment

If it is the same place I hunted I would not go back. 5 or 6 of us took our kids on a cheap 2 day hunt. When the sun rose on our first morning we were all shocjed to see they put us in blinds so close to each other it was real unsafe and there was no corn in any of the feeders. We requested that they move us to different areas for safty reason and they did not pick us up on the second day or did not refund our money. In simple terms we were ripped off. Remember this was a day hunt and not the season club but I think they are the same folks - buyer beware.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I was looking at this place too

Comment

anybody else?

Comment

Do the math, it's a rip off.

65 member, 1400 a member, on 3300 acre's that close to 28 dollars an acre, and you haven't factored in the guest yet.

Comment

My dad and his buddy went out there for the 2006 season. They stayed a week and didn't see anything worth shooting. There were quite a few hunters out there and everybody said the same thing. My dad and his buddy said they got ripped off and would never go back.

Comment

Avoid mountain creek outfitter like the plague!!!

Originally posted by Great White Hunter View Post
                      Anyone have info about a hunting club called Mountain Creek? Supposedly it is 3300 acres, can have up to 65 members. It's 850/gun for 15 days or 1400/30 days. Low fenced. Supposed to have blackbuck, sika, axis, moufflon, aoudad, WT, turkey, hogs. Stands and feeders placed - don't have to buy corn. Apparently it's spread out across a couple of ranches their may be a small tropy fee in some of the areas to hunt. Anyway, I was thinking about joining. Any feedback at all would be very helpful. Don't want to get caught in a bad deal. Thanks in advance.

I will not pull any punches because I do NOT want what happened to me to happen to anyone else---I LEARNED a lifetime's worth here two years ago--FIRST--NEVER, EVER, book a trip with an "outfitter" without checking references--and ask if they would be willing to supply you with a current client list and allow YOU to choose who you call. Biggest mistake is that I paid this guy in cash---I will never do that again. I will write a check and then reserve the right to pay a $35 stop payment fee to my bank. Where to start?.....2007-2008: Buddy's wife found place on internet--sounded too good to be true. It was. "Debbie" sounded like a sweet ol' lady on the phone; both her and husband Ken are crooks; plain and simple. 1. 1st day of trip--"Ex-Alaskan-Bush-Pilot" Ken shows up at camp at 5:30 am with alcohol on breath. Said we wanted to bow hunt, take us to some cheap-*** $39 triangular pop-up that you can NOT draw a bow from. 2. Okay....Blinds were on top of each other...Okay... 3. look around, there is a canyon and river on one side, two high-fenced properties in the other side and a 250 acre plot that has been shot out and everyone is just trying to justify their payment by shooting ANYTHING....4. Five days and didn't see hoofed animal....okay.. 5. The web site says they have access to "over 7 ranches," Bullsh*t!!!---ask them to take you to each.--They have limited access to a place in town they call "Axis Disneyland," which they reserve to people who are willing to pay an extra gratuity to the half-*****, drunken "guide." 6. I met 12 people ("club members") at camp, NONE were repeat customers, 10 out of 12 felt cheated, one guy went to fist-a-cuffs' with Ken, and the other left in a profanity-laced tirade proclaiming they would "hear from his lawyer." Ken, said, "go ahead, wouldn't be the first time!" Wow!....., now I'm thinking,....hmmm, what did we get ourselves into? On third day of hunt, we had to BEG to get on this "Axis Disneyland" ranch and were told we were only allow a doe---or trophy fee would apply. We shot one doe, dragged it to camp ourselves, field-dressed, and quartered ourselves, offered the "guide" (Ken) a beer (he readily accepted), and then he had the AUDACITY to request a tip or gratuity....I told him his Budweiser was his tip. In an effort to remain civil, I politely called Debbie, and asked for a pro-rated refund, --I explained to her how unhappy I was with all phases, and aspects of what they had falsely advertised, and that in all fairness, I would pay for the 5 days I hunted, but wanted a refund for the remaining 10. She refused. The drunken, ex-bush-pilot Ken, called me later, berating me, chastising me, and actually threatened me and dared me to file charges or to sue him. In 35 years of hunting in 11 states, I have never encountered a more unprofessional, bush-league sham such as this one. I am merely expressing MY OPINION guaranteed in the constitution--- *** For the record, I did consult the Harris County DA for a "theft of services" charge and a local attorney, but to file in a different county, add of my legal fees, take off one or more days from work, would have far exceeded the $800.00 these clowns "stole" from me. I think they are readily aware of that, which is WHY they are still operating----mark my words, STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!!

Comment

I cancelled my check after reading this thread.

Comment

I reiterate to everyone what I said a year ago:AVOID "MOUNTAIN CREEK HUNTING CLUB" -THIS PLACE IS AN ABSOLUTE SCAM!!!! KEN AN DEBBIE UPCHURCH ARE LIARS,and CHEATS!!! READ THE POSTS!!! TOO many people have been cheated and had their hard-working money stolen from them by these sorry excuses for human beings. ASK FOR THIER CLIENT LIST; ASK if they will allow YOU to CALL random customer for REFERENCES!!! ASK them how many people have asked for refunds. Ask how many people have gotten into a verbal/physical confrontation with Ken. THIS PLACE IS A SCAM run by SCAM-ARTISTS!!!!
                          Apparently a prospective customer inquired with Debbie about my thread I posted a year ago and Debbie allegedly fabricated an pure fabrication about me saying, "...I shot two goats, hid them behind a shed, was arrested and thrown off the 'ranch.' WHAT A PURE FABRICATION of BULLSH**!!! THERE are NO goats on this 'ranch." THIS IS NO 'ranch.' THERE ARE NOT "7 Ranches to hunt from" THERE ARE TWO 300 acres plots surrounded by ravines and high-fenced ranches. LEARN FROM THOSE THAT HAVE BEEN BURNED: AVOID MOUNTAIN CREEK and/or ANY HUNTING CLUB RUN BY KEN AN DEBBIE UPCHURCH: THEY ARE SCAM-ARTISTS!!!!

Comment

I reiterate to everyone what I said a year ago:AVOID "MOUNTAIN CREEK HUNTING CLUB" -THIS PLACE IS AN ABSOLUTE SCAM!!!! KEN AN DEBBIE UPCHURCH ARE LIARS,and CHEATS!!! READ THE POSTS!!! TOO many people have been cheated and had their hard-working money stolen from them by these sorry excuses for human beings. ASK FOR THIER CLIENT LIST; ASK if they will allow YOU to CALL random customer for REFERENCES!!! ASK them how many people have asked for refunds. Ask how many people have gotten into a verbal/physical confrontation with Ken. THIS PLACE IS A SCAM run by SCAM-ARTISTS!!!!
                            Apparently a prospective customer inquired with Debbie about my thread I posted a year ago and Debbie allegedly fabricated an pure fabrication about me saying, "...I shot two goats, hid them behind a shed, was arrested and thrown off the 'ranch.' WHAT A PURE FABRICATION of BULLSH**!!! THERE are NO goats on this 'ranch." THIS IS NO 'ranch.' THERE ARE NOT "7 Ranches to hunt from" THERE ARE TWO 300 acres plots surrounded by ravines and high-fenced ranches. LEARN FROM THOSE THAT HAVE BEEN BURNED: AVOID MOUNTAIN CREEK and/or ANY HUNTING CLUB RUN BY KEN AN DEBBIE UPCHURCH: THEY ARE SCAM-ARTISTS!!!!

Comment

Debbie Lies

Debbie Upchurch claims "She was present during the organization of the Safari Club International, the San Antonio Chapter, and worked very closely with the first 5 chapter presidents including her previous husband."

I contacted the SCI chapter and they had never heard of her including the founding president.

Comment

Working...
                              X