X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow hunt 99% of the time and maybe pull the shotgun out for some hogs

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
      I'm just a hunter...I enjoy using different tools to do so. I really enjoy bowhunting and have killed many animals with a bow but still enjoy getting the rifle out too sometimes. I don't sit in a stand anymore and hunt over a feeder if hunting with a gun though. I got burned out on that. I enjoy stalking/slipping around through the woods. When my rifle comes out usually depends on where I'm at, weather, and whether or not I need some meat on the ground. I've said many times that I was only going to use my bow during a season, but it's never happened. I still enjoy guns too.
      This right here. No need for me to type anything else!

Comment

I'm determined to get my first bow kill this year, only reason I'm planning on bringing the rifle out is after I get my buck with a bow.

Or if those freezing winds are howling

Comment

Pretty much bow only here in Texas for the past 6 years or so, I bring the rifle to Mexico, not playing cowboys and indians down there.

Comment

Bowhunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Bowhunt only since 1992, seems like yesterday, may go back to gun hunting one day. I like to hunt more than I like to clean animals though.

A person once told me the hunt starts with a bow once you see an animal. The hunt is over with a gun once you see an animal.

Comment

I hunt both with rifle and bow.

Comment

Archery only for me unless I'm invited on a gun hunt with someone whose place is only set up for guns.

Comment

I used to do nothing but bow hunt. Work has kept me busy the last few years and I only rifle hunt. I'll be breaking the bow out again this next season. I still shoot on occasion. They look the same on the wall. I'm an equal opportunity hunter. Dead deer is a dead deer haha. I'd rather shoot one at 500+ than at 20 with a bow. Bow isn't that hard.

Comment

I have been bow only since 2008. After a 3rd back surgery this year I may get back into rifles next year if my back makes shooting too painful.

Comment

BowOnly

Comment

I quit hunting altogether beginning youth weekend and switch over to taking my son with him as the shooter. We have been trying hard to get him his first deer for a couple of years...may have to venture out west or south somewhere to get it done!

Comment

Guilty. I think bowhunting is more fun, but I only get a couple of trips a year and I love shooting animals with my rifle. As soon as gun season opens, I'm carrying a gun.

Comment

I take whatever advantage I can get. I hunt small acreage low fence in acorn country. Hunting is hard, haven't taken a deer in two seasons. Obviously taking a good buck with my compound would be the ultimate rush but I will use a Xbow during archery and will switch to a rifle during rifle.

Comment

how many stop bow hunting after

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                                I'd rather shoot one at 500+ than at 20 with a bow. Bow isn't that hard.

Rifle **** sure isnt[emoji23]. Especially when you take away the deer's sense of smell and hearing out of the equation due to distance between you and it.

Comment

Working...
                                X