F250 vs chevy2500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F250 vs chevy2500

Going to be looking for a new truck very soon for work and have pretty much decided on these two but wanted to get everyone's opinion.
    I am usually a diehard ford guy but work requires the truck to be 4 years old or newer and less than 200,000 and be traded in, whichever occurs first. That being said I'm more open to options (besides dodge).

So what is your thoughts on the 3/4 ton gas models?
    Also, I will occasionally be pulling a gooseneck, but not daily.

In as well...

Sent from somewhere in Old Mexico...

Comment

I don't know much about the ford 6.2L gas motor but the Chevy 6.0L is a very reliable and proven motor. It can be a bit of a pooch when towing heavy but with light loads its very capable. Some of the guys we hunt with run the gas fords and they really like them but the last time they moved the tractor they struggled getting over about 50.

Comment

Any more

Comment

I have a 2015 Chevy 3/4 work truck with the 6.0 engine. I like this truck.
          I have no idea what gas mileage I get. It will pull a load when needed.

I traded in the 2009 Duramax to get this truck.

Comment

Chevy v Ford? Do you know hunting guides have shot each other for less heated discussions

Comment

If I'm going with a gas 3/4 ton then I would lean more towards the Chevy. That's just me.

Comment

I have had an F250 and just bought a 2500. I love it so far and seems very responsive. So far no issues and am very happy. The ride seems much smoother than the F250.

Comment

I own a 2008 duramax and love the truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the 1500hd with the 6.0 and it went to Tn with 7,000lbs last august with no issues.

Comment

The only thing I can say between the two is I HATE Chevy's throttle. It seems like every chevy I've driven since 2008 has had an unresponsive throttle. From the Suburbans, Terrains, 1500's, and my dads 2016 Duramax. You push the throttle, wait, push it more, wait, push it more, then it finally lights off. I can't stand that crap. I was highly disappointed in my dad's new truck.

Comment

I've been very pleased with my GMC 6.0 Gas 2014 Crew Cab 4x4 2500HD. Average driving around town I get 13.5mpg. I also haul a truck camper weighing 2700lbs in the bed. This usually gets me around 11mpg. I have also towed a 25' pontoon boat back from Missouri with the truck camper in the bed and it got about 8-9mpg. It handled the weight very well. My needs were specifically payload related and this is where the GMC beat out the F250 by almost 1000lbs. The GMC has a payload of 3100lbs. Many of the GM trucks are prewired for full featured trucks which only require you to purchase the modules(DIC Module and Remote Start). The engine bay on the Ford is a disaster and the GMC has tons of room to work plus its already set up to add a second battery which was another bonus. Drive them both and you will notice the ride of the GM IFS is much better than the Fords twin I beam? I pretty much have been blown away with the design and performance of this truck. I was a die hard Toyota fan prior to this but there is no comparison in 3/4 ton trucks.
                        Last edited by LWolken; 02-24-2017, 06:08 PM.

Comment

I have had absolutely zero issues with my 6.4 Hemi and like it. How much and how often will you be towing? The power today's diesels make is just silly when compared to the gas motors.

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxbowman View Post
                            Going to be looking for a new truck very soon for work and have pretty much decided on these two but wanted to get everyone's opinion.
                            I am usually a diehard ford guy but work requires the truck to be 4 years old or newer and less than 200,000 and be traded in, whichever occurs first. That being said I'm more open to options (besides dodge).

So what is your thoughts on the 3/4 ton gas models?
                            Also, I will occasionally be pulling a gooseneck, but not daily.
                            Both good engines (gas and diesel). Chevy rides a little better but think ford interior is more comfortable.

Can't go wrong with either

Comment

I don't know anything about the ford 250 gas. I have a chevy 3/4 ton
                              6.0 4x4. I pull all kinds of loads with it. I try not to pull to heavy of loads with it. But
                              I do pull 12 round bales with a trailer. Also pull a 24' cattle trailer with 10 grown cows.
                              I don't pull the loads very fast 55mph. Fuel mileage is terrible when loaded. All round
                              The truck doesn't have any problem with those loads.

Comment

Working...
                              X