Question about 4x4 Maintenance Cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about 4x4 Maintenance Cost

Looking at replacing my wife’s vehicle. Looking at at the 4x4 option. Would be first for us but thinking it would nice to have ‘in case’. Obviously more expensive upfront but curious if overall maintenance cost is more expensive.

Thanks

The only time I’ve had to maintenance on a 4x4 system was with my 2005 f150 at 175,000 miles. The actuator went out, then one of the vacuum lines went out. Cost was about $1200. Otherwise, never had a problem with any of the 4wd trucks I’ve had.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

[emoji2373] I’ve never paid anymore than a 2wd would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Maintenance is minimal...

The occasional switch or vacuum line (depending on the system) once it gets much older....

Comment

Actual maintenance cost is minimal as it should only changing your transfer case fluid at XX amount of miles. Repair costs can be costly depending on what's broke.

Comment

You'll be fine. I did the same for my wife. Will always keep us both in 4x4 from here on. Makes stuff simpler for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

If it was double that of 2wd, I still wouldn't think twice about cuz, I'm not sure I could survive without a 4wd vehicle .
              Even my little roller skate commuter car is 4wd.
              I've never noticed a difference in price.
              Only exception being a locked front end, and snapping the IFS axles. That's not really maintenance though.

Comment

I have had 4 with nothing specific to the 4 wheel system ever going down.

Comment

Working...
                X