Drag Races..........anyone shot any?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drag Races..........anyone shot any?

I have been invited to shoot some pics at a drag race. With a BIG possibility to be at the starting line!!!!!!

Needless to say, I am pumped and have my fingers crossed I will be in town. To late to put in for vacation time......

If you have shot drags before, do you have any advise other than wear ear plugs?

Comment

If your shooting on the starting line, do not wear white, by the end of the night you will be covered in rubber specs.. wear something in mid colors, and comfortable. also I would for go ear plugs anf go w/ head gear, for better hearing protection, some of those beasts will chew you up on high pitch.. I have been to the nationals, in nhra, nascar, and indy car.. and we sit behind the line at the nhra nationals @ Texas motorplex... keep a good lens cloth also. and a rag to wipe your face.. Have a good time...

Comment

The funny cars and dragsters exhaust can get pretty stout. It will burn your nose and eyes. Nose plug and goggles?

Comment

Thanks for the tips on the races themselves. Been going for alot of years so I pretty much knew this stuff but it is always a good reminder.

Less than a week away!

Comment

Are you shooting at the fall nationals? When do they run? I was wanting to think the 22-25th or something like that.

Comment

Have fun..

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter004 View Post
                Are you shooting at the fall nationals? When do they run? I was wanting to think the 22-25th or something like that.
                This is the Pro Mod Meltdown over at Houston Motorsports Park. From what I gather it is am 1/8 mile track. Never been there, but if a buddy can get me on the tree............I'm all over it!!!!

Gotta crawl (shoot the smaller events) before I can walk (shoot the bigger events).

Comment

Haven't done cars... but do have a little fun with Drag Boats...

This is my boat... photo taken by my 16 yr-old son with a 100-400 lens...

Top Fuel Hydro - same motor as Top Fuel Dragster.... covers the 1000' course in 3.73 seconds at 240 + mph....

a Pro-Mod that is a Top Alcohol boat but limited to 7.00 seconds in the quarter mile. Top Speed about 180 mph...

The 18-year old DAUGHTER of the Pro-Mod driver (from Mansfield, Texas). She runs my class - Modified Eliminator (10.00 - 10.99 seconds). Signal to the starter that she is ready to go...

Top Fuel Boat leaving the starting line...

Comment

Working...
                  X