New sight recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New sight recommendation

I'm coming from an IQ 5 pin micro with retina lock mumbo jumbo. I don't like the sight. I can't see the retina lock with looking through my peep and I feel it is a waste. I'm kinda new to archery, so I don't know if I want to go single pin or 5 pin. I definitely want to take my bow hunting. That's partially why I got into the sport. Also, I just like the discipline of the sport. And that I don't have to keep spending on reloading and bullets.

I do like the 5 pin set up to allow for quick range sighting. But is that the main advantage to 5 pin?

Price range. I don't really want to spend more than $150-200.

Bow is Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30. I kind of wanted a Nitrum Turbo, but the dealer didn't have it and gave me a pretty good deal on this.

I have tried lots of stuff. To me the best fixed pins are the axcel armor tech and the spott hoggs. Nothing wrong with a fixed pin. Range the target, pick a pin and shoot. With a single pin or slider you have to add move the pin into the equation. This year I have been shooting multi pin sliders. It has been the best of both worlds for me. Less pin clutter and I can dial in long ranges. I shot a Cbe 5 pin slider early in the year and now I'm shooting Hogg fathers. Have a three pin set for 20-30-40 and can dial to 110 yds. I have a four pin on order and will have pins 20-50 and dual from there. You have to find what fits your eye and match it to how you hunt.

Comment

I shoot a axcel armor tech . Really like it . I got a new bow on order and will probably go with another one .

Comment

I have gotten 2 mbg gold sights off of here, a 5 pin and a 1pin, I personally like the 5 pin with the 6inch dovetail, hard to beat the price, think it was $205 shipped

Comment

Working...
        X