House of Yahweh- Abilene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House of Yahweh- Abilene

My wife has a new co-worker that belongs to this “congregation.” Anyone know much about them? Did a little research out of curiosity and it was interesting to say the least... and not interesting in the “intriguing, I’d like to know more” way
    Last edited by Playa; 04-01-2018, 02:53 PM.

They are out of Eula Texas. Grew up and went to school there. They weren’t that big back then. They are now. Hawkins runs it. Went to school with his kids before there was a house of Yahweh. He got into some trouble a few years back. FBI was involved can’t remember what for though most of the kids that live in the compound and have taken his last name. Weird bunch

Comment

They're an odd bunch for sure.

Comment

Wild Bills’s predictions haven’t been very accurate.
        Typical of most cults. Sheeple following a charismatic leader.

As long as people are free to come and go and no kids are abused, I have no issues.

BP

Comment

My Dad was head of CID for APD when I was growing up there in the 80's-90's so I knew about them. One of his detectives was supposedly somehow involved with them. When the FBI started watching them everybody knew about it. Rumors at the time were that they had buried a container out there and had an arsenal stored. Nothing substantiated from what I remember but tensions ran high for a while after the Waco incident.

Comment

Played disc golf at Cal Young Park across the street from that place back in the mid 90s.

Comment

Don't know anything about them but had to drive by there to get to my brothers house when he lived in Abilene, always kinda creeped me out.

Comment

Comment

Firewood

I had firewood delivered by two members of their group. He said they are valid and devoted Christians that little strictly by the Bible. Thought it was interesting because on the seventh day , the Sabbath, Sunday, he deliver the firewood

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
                    I had firewood delivered by two members of their group. He said they are valid and devoted Christians that little strictly by the Bible. Thought it was interesting because on the seventh day , the Sabbath, Sunday, he deliver the firewood
                    Depends on if you see Sunday or Saturday as the sabbath.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Saturday is the Sabbath

Comment

Take a look at their compound using Google Earth...interesting to say the least!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

An electrical company uses the YHWH and thumps the Bible (acronym for Yahew). I used them because of another contractor subcontracted the electric part to them.

They sukked royal monky balls. The only Holy is in the way they give the shaft to customers.

Comment

Yes Saturday is there church day not Sunday. They are definitely different ducks but all the ones I know seem like pretty good people!

Comment

Religious sects like this always fascinate me, they have pyramid scheme quality to them and always seem to be the only ones who have the “answer.” I suppose the latter could be said of all religion on some level

Comment

Working...
                              X