Medicare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medicare?

You youngsters stay out of this, I’m needing advice from my elders on this decision and not the regular whipper snappers remarks.
    I will be signing up next month and need you older guys that are already on Medicare to help me figure out what coverage I need. I will continue to work and have medical coverage at work that I will keep and maybe change to a lower cost coverage. What Medicare coverage do you have and why do you like it? What is your monthly cost?
    You can PM me if you wish to keep it private.

Thanks in advance for your help.

[ATTACH]921239[/ATTACH]

Comment

I have medicare part A & B as a supplement to my insurance at work as I still work. I'm not sure exactly what it cost me and the rates are adjusted by the amount of money you earn if you are still working. It has been well worth it . I recently had surgery for prostate cancer and the total bill was around $300,000.00. I was out a little over $500.00 out of pocket. Without it I believe I would have been out 20% of the total cost or around $60,000.00. I hope this helps.

Comment

You need to check with your work insurance. My retiree insurance required me to get part b.

Comment

I'm going to get A and B for sure, just wondering about additional coverages and which company y'all went with. I have a brochure from Signa showing some great eye, ear, and dental coverage and want to compare with others.

Comment

I'm going to sign up next week too. I am retired and been taking my company retiree insurance for my wife and I which is costing me around $900 a month. My wife is 11 months younger than me so I have to keep my retiree insurance for her when I sign up. They are only reducing my retiree insurance $60 a month when I sign up for Medicare which I've heard is going to cost me about $160 a month. So it sounds like it's going to cost me an extra $100 a month to sign up. I've made a few calls to social security about Medicare and they are a big joke trying to talk them. One yawned and moaning all the during the conversation and the other acted like she just woke up and had a problem staying awake during the conversation.

Comment

A cost you nothing and B comes out of SS payment to tune of $134 per month. I have F for supplement @ $156 to pay what A & B don't pay with D supplement for meds @ $24 for tier 1 drugs. B cost will go up each year and be sure to sign up on time or it will cost considerable more as a penalty for late signup. Hope this helps.

Comment

Is this the form you filled out?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  [ATTACH]921239[/ATTACH]
                  Whippersnapper #1 - I'm gonna put Burnadell on you next Bownanza.

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post

Is this the form you filled out?
                  Luke - You're acting soooo much like your Dad on this I'm gonna let this one slide.

Comment

Originally posted by coolhandluke View Post

is this the form you filled out?
                    Lmao!!

Comment

Sidro got it---but your cost for Part B can go up if your income goes high enough--

I'm retired military and have coverage under TRICARE, but I am required to carry MEDICARE Part B.

Comment

My wife has Medicare A & B plus a supplement from Humana. I believe total cost is about $250 a month or in that neighborhood. She has way better coverage than this so called insurance plan we have at work.

Comment

Physician side

From the physician side
                          Medicare a&b with aarp supplement is easiest and taken by most all hospitals and all doctors that take Medicare products

Stay away from Humana. Cheaper but not covered in a lot of areas. A lot of docs don’t take it.

Comment

Supplement with humana ok but himana Medicare is not very goood

Comment

[ATTACH]921256[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                              X