No announcement yet.

Your exit plan when leaving the stand.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have someone pick u up in a vehicle or 4 wheeler to run the deer off.

Throw out a little corn as a thank you though....they will b back.

Comment

I wait until dark and I get out of my tree.

Comment

sure wish I had this problem

Comment

I think any "non-human" sounds you can make should do the trick; sometimes it takes a little while though. Just be sure that you allow several minutes after they leave to make sure they're far enough away they won't still see you. I usually continue to make whatever noise I was making after they leave so they don't come right back and catch me getting down.
          I don't see a problem shining a light down after dark to see if they're still there as long as it is not a really bright light. From the ground, the light probably looks like another star if it's not too bright.

Comment

Chunk something at them. I've thrown rocks, grunt tubes and about everything else I had with me at the time. A slingshot and a few rocks works pretty good too.

Comment

Wait till dark and get down.

Comment

Good to know this so I don't make a bonehead move and let the deer know where I'm at. I was wondering about this since I'll be hunting out of quad for the first time this season. Thanks for great advice.

Comment

I hope I have this problem this year!!!

Comment

I have a coyote howl on my phone. I just hit that and they walk right out of there. This is a normal noise to them and they don't get alarmed.

Comment

Working...
                    X