Polk and Hardin Co. Hunters thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
    Yep...hard hunting if you're counting on hunting a feeder. It would pay to scout now while it's still early and get set up on a big old white oak that's loaded. You won't find many of those acorns on the ground because the deer clean them up quick. Other acorns you might, but those white oaks are their favorite. Look for trees where the ground is pawed up and heavy with tracks. Better than a feeder IMO because the deer are less nervous and will visit them many times during a day.

It's still hard huntin. They can eat 24-7 we can't hunt those same hours. I don't hunt over a feeder. I hunt the oak flats.

Comment

One down a Bazillion more to go.

Sent from my LM-X210CMR using Tapatalk

Comment

KAP

Nice work

Comment

Big one..nice shootin

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            It's still hard huntin. They can eat 24-7 we can't hunt those same hours. I don't hunt over a feeder. I hunt the oak flats.
            No kidding. This year especially no one gets to enjoy a brief period of early bow season when the deer are still consistently stopping by feeders. I am heading to the oaks as well on my place.

Comment

Just seeing this thread. I am off 357 and county line road north of Corrigan. We had lots of deer pics early in the year and now they seem to be gone. We have not had a pic of deer in a while. Lots of pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
                Yes sir, that's the lease I'm on. It's just called "326 lease". Who are your co-workers?
                Chad and ty Schroeder.

Sent from my XT1687 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Warren View Post
                  Just seeing this thread. I am off 357 and county line road north of Corrigan. We had lots of deer pics early in the year and now they seem to be gone. We have not had a pic of deer in a while. Lots of pigs.
                  Find the acorns find the deer.

Sent from my LM-X210CMR using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                    Just saw this...Pine Ridge
                    Nice, I’m on the same lease, how have the deer been moving for you lately?

Comment

Who is going hunting this weekend? I’m not sitting in the rain or 86 degree temps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I will be there again, can’t get em from the couch!

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerdown15 View Post
                          Who is going hunting this weekend? I’m not sitting in the rain or 86 degree temps.

I think I'm gonna wait for some cooler weather. I may take my ghost blind into the oaks, and do a hunt Saturday morning. I'm gonna skip hot day and evening hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            Lol. You have met me. It's my lease
                            Let me know if some openings ever come available, my office is in livingston off 190/59

Comment

Originally posted by TexanDuke View Post
                              Let me know if some openings ever come available, my office is in livingston off 190/59

Remind me in February. I always like to add TBH'ers

Comment

Hey, I got first dibs on a couple spots. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X