Is my D-loop installed correctly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wassaw View Post
    and now that you have a D-Loop you can cut those " no Pinch" buttons off. (5grains each= 10 grains on the string subtracting fps from you)
    What are those "no pinch" buttons for?

Comment

Originally posted by wassaw View Post
      and now that you have a D-Loop you can cut those " no Pinch" buttons off. (5grains each= 10 grains on the string subtracting fps from you)
      from what i understand that is the purpose for the gap so that you don't pinch the arrow?

Comment

usually for between the arrow nock and the release when clipping the release directly to the string. cushion to not pinch the nock during draw and push the arrow off the string.
        if they were above the d-loop i would suggest tying one in place as a "kisser button"

Comment

Nocks look real skinny. Looks like someone tied serving in it to take up space. On the video I don't like the extra knots, and I like the knots to be on each side of the string.
          Last edited by oktx; 08-22-2012, 03:42 PM.

Comment

The space is a hair more than 3/8" wide. I am going to take it to someone else and have it redone. Thanks for the help everyone.

Comment

As with most comments...looks a lil wide. This sometimes happens when the loop pliers are used to stretch the loop and make the knots bite into the string...so we keep an eye on that when we install loops. Its really common in lower poundage bows as the strings are not as taunt and the string slides through the loop knots when spreding the loop out. Easy fix...just something can happen if over looked.

Comment

Originally posted by T-REX View Post
                too wide
                X2

Comment

It is too wide for the nocks you are using.

Did they use your arrow or have you changed arrows since the d loop was installed?? The d loop has to be tied in for the size nock you are using.

I would go back to the shop with your arrows instead of sliding the knot. You don't know which one will result in the correct position of the arrow and result in a clean paper tear.

Comment

Working...
                  X