Any Texas Tech students/family members?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Texas Tech students/family members?

Looking at possibly going to Texas Tech as they offer a ton of scholarships to transfer students. Curious if anybody on here is a current student or has a son/daughter as a student that can recommend a good apartment complex. Ideally student living but open to all opinions. Hard to find true google reviews of the complex as most of them offer incentives to write good reviews. Thanks in advance.

I recently graduated and I lived at the Suites for a year and I really enjoyed it. Pretty much everything in the Overton area is great. The townhomes behind fuzzys 2012 Main St are another great option I loved living there. Other than that I lived in a house in Tech Terrace.
    Best of luck to you enjoy Texas Tech it is an awesome place

Comment

Tigris has recently built several new Apt complexes and are good people.
      If you decide you want a house PM me and i will send you a guys number that owns 30 or 40 houses in Lubbock.

Comment

I lived at Cityview at Anatole up until 3 years ago. It was a clean nice complex, and right off Marsha Sharp. MS will take you straight to campus, and made it a 5 minute commute.

Comment

Stay away from the Lynnwood town homes. My wife lived there for a couple of months. Drunk drivers from the parties there would hit parked cars all the time. And more...
          I was at LCU, and know a couple of places on that side of town.

Comment

Lived in Lubbock all my life until about 4 years ago. I was in the University Pointe apartments for a year or so. As said anything in the Overton area will be fine as far as apartments. Plenty of rental houses which can be a good option if you want more distance from campus

Comment

Thanks everyone this is the info I wanted.
              I am not a partier so I was thinking further from campus away from all the bars etc would be better, but I guess I should reconsider the Overton area apartments

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
                I am not a partier so I was thinking further from campus away from all the bars etc would be better, but I guess I should reconsider the Overton area apartments
                Yeah difference between me and you is I loved getting rip roaring drunk on the weekends. I also lived in someone’s back house in Tech Terrace that wasn’t too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
                  There’s quite a few new apts off of Milwaukee that have gone up in the past couple of years. It’s on the west edge of town, but as long as they’re near Marsha Sharp (which most are) it’s a quick commute to campus).

Comment

My son likes View Point, he did not care for Raiders Pass or The Ranch. He is a Sr. This year.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                      I lived at Cityview at Anatole up until 3 years ago. It was a clean nice complex, and right off Marsha Sharp. MS will take you straight to campus, and made it a 5 minute commute.

I’ve got a son in Law School and a daughter in Health Sciences (Speech Pathology) and they live at Cityview.

They’ve been there a year and a half and like it a lot. Quiet and easy access to everything. They are in Building 5... around back away from the pool.

They plan to stay until they both graduate in May 2020.

Comment

If you transfer and are looking for a job please come see me. I’m always looking for good help.

Comment

I've got some single units off 15th and University. It's about 1.5 blocks from Tech. If you decide to come here, send me a PM and we can go look.

Comment

Several good places. Just gotta decide how far/close you want to be. Im on the SW side of town about 12mins away and it’s a great part of town. I’m an Aggie but am doing four years of my graduate education at Tech and love it up here.

Comment

Everybody who lived off campus/off the bus route, was it pretty easy to find parking at the campus? That is one concern I have about living outside of student living. If parking is easy to come by, that opens up a lot of options.

Comment

Working...
                              X