Deer blind build supply list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To build a 4x6x6 deer blind. What should my supply list be?
    How many sheets of ply wood, 2x4s, and whatever else needs to go in. We are looking at deerview windows or maxxed outdoors windows so anyone with dealings with these windows please post your pros and cons.

Thank you

Cut the 2x4's in half longways. You only need 1/2 as many and your stand is much lighter. Thank me later. 5 ply for walls one 3/4 for the floor 1 sheet 1/2 for the roof. 8 8 ft 2x4's is plenty. I use smart side osb siding lasts longer than ply or plain osb. Use the left over ply for shelves lots of shelves.
    1 3/4 Screws and 2 hinges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by sideways; 01-01-2018, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Same as above but I went with 13- 8' 2x4, 6 sheets of T1-11, 2- 1/2"sheets for the roof, a piano hing for the door, and made mine 5x7 left 2 2x4's un-ripped and used them for roof supports.

Comment

I built the same size as you are looking at building and wish I would have went with a 5x7 or 5x8. The size isn’t as bad when I’m by myself but with one of my boys it would be nice to have the extra room. After you put the walls up, you will be looking at roughly 3’5”x5’5” inside. I built mine out of 2x3’s, 3/4” floor and roof, metal roof, and 1/2” siding. I did build mine on 4x6 skids with angles cut on the bottom and eye bolts through them to move around with the tractor or buggy. After caulk and paint this thing is sealed as well as my house. Bought deer view windows as well. I see some people over build their blinds and they’re so heavy that it takes a small army to get them off the trailer and set up. Good luck and post some pics of what you build.

Comment

Here are some pics of mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Will do thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
              Cut the 2x4's in half longways. You only need 1/2 as many and your stand is much lighter. Thank me later.
              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              THIS!!!!! I did not do this, mine is 8'x6' and weighs a ton, wish I would have ripped mine in half.

Comment

I put mine on 8’ - 4x4 skids - angled on the ends
                I also pitched my roof and shingled. Can you say overkill?
                Last edited by Big pig; 01-02-2018, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Can I just buy 2x2 or is the 2x 4 ripped a better deal ?

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                    Can I just buy 2x2 or is the 2x 4 ripped a better deal ?
                    It’s cheaper to buy 2x4s but I just buy the 2x2s. To save time and I’m not too worried about the cost savings when it comes to my hunting.

Comment

live
                      Originally posted by IvoryRoot View Post
                      I built the same size as you are looking at building and wish I would have went with a 5x7 or 5x8. The size isn’t as bad when I’m by myself but with one of my boys it would be nice to have the extra room. After you put the walls up, you will be looking at roughly 3’5”x5’5” inside. I built mine out of 2x3’s, 3/4” floor and roof, metal roof, and 1/2” siding. I did build mine on 4x6 skids with angles cut on the bottom and eye bolts through them to move around with the tractor or buggy. After caulk and paint this thing is sealed as well as my house. Bought deer view windows as well. I see some people over build their blinds and they’re so heavy that it takes a small army to get them off the trailer and set up. Good luck and post some pics of what you build.
                      this is my experience also. Our rifle blinds are 4x8 and it’s just not enough room. So now I’m building me a bow blind and it is 7x7x7. Its very roomy inside. Should have even made this one an 8x8, it would not have taken anymore material.

Comment

If you use plywood or OSB, protect all exposed edges with something besides just paint. Sheet goods delaminate pretty quickly if moisture seeps in the edges. At the very least use a lot of caulk before painting. I like to use aluminum drip edge on the roof line and all corners. It's cheap - about $2 for a 10' stick at Home Depot

Comment

10-4 on the aluminum and silicone/caulk

BP

Comment

Bigger is better. All my rifle blinds are 5 x 6 x 6-1/2'. I use roofing tin to protect the corners from the weather.

Comment

Any questions pertaining to DeerView Windows please let me know.

PM or Tyler@deerviewwindows.com

Comment

Working...
                              X