6.5 Grendel Upper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5 Grendel Upper

I have a 300 blackout and have been thinking about buying a new upper in 6.5 grendel.
    If I buy a complete upper, it is fully compatible or what else would I need to make it work.

What upper would you recommend?

Magazines

Comment

Ok. that is easy enough

Comment

Check out Grendel Hunter uppers for the complete Uppers. You can also get the BCG you need from them too. www.grendelhunter.com

I bought one from them about a year ago and its great.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
          I have a 300 blackout and have been thinking about buying a new upper in 6.5 grendel.
          If I buy a complete upper, it is fully compatible or what else would I need to make it work.

What upper would you recommend?
          You need a new bolt. Personally I would just buy this: http://www.larue.com/larue-ultimate-ar-15-upper-kit

You can fit about three 6.5G rounds in a .223 PMAG before it starts to bind. But it will work fine with three.

Comment

If you are looking to keep it simple ust get a complete upper so swapping out is very simple 300BO or 6.5 Grendel. Buying the complete upper you will have the BCG you need for he Grendel included. Couple pins to swap from one to the other.

You will also need like said above magazines, elander or the ones from Alexander arms have worked well.

Comment

Have to get new mags and a bolt

Comment

Check out the Radical Arms 6.5 Grendel uppers. Decent price and accurate as all get out.. At least mine is.

Comment

Originally posted by mev002 View Post
                  Check out Grendel Hunter uppers for the complete Uppers. You can also get the BCG you need from them too. www.grendelhunter.com

I bought one from them about a year ago and its great.
                  I ordered one from them Sunday, should have it Thursday....can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    I ordered one from them Sunday, should have it Thursday....can't wait!

You won't be disappointed. Great upper. Great people to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks I will look into these.

Comment

Bump from a guy in the same boat. I've seen a few cheapies at Bear Creek and Sanders but really want that LaRue. Anybody have the LaRue upper?

Comment

Originally posted by frazee3200 View Post
                          Have to get new mags and a bolt

So it requires a new bolt?

Comment

Originally posted by Timemachine View Post
                            So it requires a new bolt?
                            If you buy a complete 6.5 Grendel upper it should come with the bcg and bolt. Should slap on any ar-15 lower and be good to go. Going to need Grendel mags as well

Comment

Same thing here. I keep seeing that Radical, and mostly good reviews on it. But the Larue is just a couple hundred more. Decisions.....

Comment

Working...
                              X