camera/lens help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

camera/lens help

I have a Cannon T3i with the lens that came with it. I would like to either upgrade lenses and get one for family pictures and one for wildlife out to 100 yards. What lenses should I look at or, should I get a better body and go from there? Budget about 1800.

Thank you

My take on it. Opinions will vary. Quality lenses are a long-term investment. Technological advancements can quickly make old bodies more or less obsolete relative to newer bodies. I'm not familiar with the T3i, but a Google search reveals it's 6 year old technology at this point. As for how you should spend your money, I don't know. But I think these are just some of the considerations.

Comment

T3i isn't state of the art, but it's plenty good. I'd start upgrading lenses first if your budget is $1,800. You could get something like a Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 or a Tokina 24-70mm f/2.8 for a family/landscape/general purpose lens. Then you could get a Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L non-IS lens for wildlife shots. You could get those two lenses for your budget, especially if you shopped used.

Comment

Thanks guys I will look them up

Comment

Working...
        X