If you could fish tomorrow????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you could fish tomorrow????

And lived in Kerrville, where would you go? Have yaks and boat so open to all options. Go.....

Upper Guad? I've never fished around there, so I don't know where the spring break crowds would be. I'd fish wherever they ain't though.

Comment

Choke canyon!

Comment

I'd be throwing crankbaits on points in a big bass lake.... Kerrville, no idea.

Comment

Go to the Copper Cactus in Ingram on the loop and talk to my son Darrin.
          He knows every fishing spot in the county.

Comment

I've fished most of the river here, looking for something else option wise...

Comment

I was going to say put in at Schumacher crossing but if you don't want to hit the river you might try Brady reservoir

Comment

Debating about Amistad, Calveras or a different river....

Comment

If I had a boat, I'd be fishing LBJ chasing bass.

Comment

Roll to the South Texas coast! I'm rolling Saturday - Monday..........FLORIDA POMPANO in the surf, Sheepshead on rocks and specks and reds staging during the afternoons on the flats. Boat, surf and jetties.......just GETCHA SOME!

Course another option, you can catch Dolphin Docks, and run offshore for 10 hours on the vessel Captain Paul with skipper Michael D.

Rolling PINS Saturday and chasing Pompano. It's that time and nothing else grills like a Florida Pompano!

Padre Island National Seashore - if you have a 4x4, there isn't a SPRING BREAK 15 plus miles South. And the more you roll sand towards Mexico, the warmer and cleaner the surf gets. It's awesome this time of the year since the sand is packed from cool winter temps, fish are now starting to stage in their spring to early summer patterns, and you can go all day long without breaking a sweat!

Apple smoked PINS caught Florida Pompano. Rub them with olive oil, and in my case, HEB's Shore Seasonings and toss them on the smoker till stuff turns wonderful.

Pick the meat and stack crackers with cheese, red onion, cilantro, jalapeno slice and serve with something ice cold.

Wanna know what I use? Simple sheet!

Laid back fun - long rods, Shrimp Fishbites and hunting the sand. Roll stop and fish. Over and over, eventually find them.

Comment

Would love to hit all that ATW, but a little too far for a day trip deal. Had planned on hitting POC for Thursday and Friday, but that's not happening now. Would love to find some good whites action, but got blanked at Colorado Bend last Saturday.

Comment

You know how it is in Hill Country, wet, dry, wet dry. you can fish in many places, fish being there is a different story.

Comment

North coast is cool, a bit too cool for shallow fishing. The zone...scope water temps that margin around 67 - 70 degrees this time of the year.

The boat........you can drop into CONN BROWN Harbor in Aransas Pass and zip out to the flats out front, port and starboard, and nail specks and redfish. Black drum are on fire right now. Fresh dead shrimp or quality frozen shrimp, thawed out, and fished along channel edges will produce black drum. I've caught them fishing the Intracoastal Waterway, dead center in the main channel (16ft of water), using a 3/0 circle hook rigged fish finder style. My bait, 6 inch piece of Berkley Shrimp flavored fish bite in Chartreuse. Toss it out as far across the channel as you can cast and slow bump it over the channel bottom on retrieve. Do this over and over and continually move along the Intracoastal Waterway till you find a pile of them. Pull up and follow till you can net them. Expect to get potlicked if boats see you.

I'm a sick salty puppy......real SICK!

Comment

OK...plan B.

Guadalupe River toward Hunt, get a double spinner bait....in green. Light, dark and chartreuse.

Toss the yak into the water near the Hunt River crossing and go south with something to pick you up near Ingram and or Kerrville.

A Mepps yellow spinner bait on a 4lb ultralight, another rod rigged 4 inch Texas rigged in motoroil, red sparkles, and the 3rd rod with a greenie spinner bait. Just drift SE and go hole to hole with a drop anchor above the holes. Deep rapids, pull out and work the Texas rig in big current. Deep holes, go Spinner bait. Ultralight.....slow slack water.

Got a GOLD MINE right there!

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
                              I was going to say put in at Schumacher crossing but if you don't want to hit the river you might try Brady reservoir
                              Thats the last place i thought I'd see pop up.

Comment

Working...
                              X