Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which bino harness for elk/muley hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which bino harness for elk/muley hunting?

I returned a pair of AGC last month after one outing. Way too bulky. I want something quiet, and holds tight to the chest. I have done the search thing on here. Looking for new/updated opinions.

I like the AGC but maybe a KUIU if you want less bulk.

Comment

Interested in this also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Personally I like Crooked Horn bino Harness with a neoprene bino cover made by Rick Young Outdoors. this combo will be probably the lightest and less bulky system you can buy. I have tried pretty much all the others and most are like a small backpack on your chest, at least they seem like that to me. I do not like a lot of bulk on my chest when I bowhunt.

Comment

I have tried all kinds, and have come to the conclusion that I can't stand having them strapped to my chest. I now carry them in a fanny pack, way more comfortable IMO.

Comment

I've been looking at the SoloHunter bino harness. It seems less bulky and you can get an accessory pocket for your range finder.

Comment

FHF is a lot more streamlined

Comment

One of the other issues I’m worried about is how they feel/fit while also carrying a backpack with 25lbs.?

Comment

Anyone tried the Kuiu?

Comment

Originally posted by gneimeth View Post
                    One of the other issues I’m worried about is how they feel/fit while also carrying a backpack with 25lbs.?
                    No issues, you get use to it quick

Comment

I use this one for Alaska and Colorado elk. It does not have a rain cover but you can buy a separate one. With a 5500 cubi inch pack on I didn't feel the bharness added any bulk at all.
                      All other gear is kuiu. Great gear with some of the worst customer service I've seen. The reason I didn't buy a kuiu harness is because I refuse to buy anything new from them again.

Comment

Kuiu or FHF if you want something that feels less bulky

Only downside to a chest pack is it's a place that's gonna sweat , just like where your pack sits on your back. IMO wearing a backpack has no affect on comfort of the bino harness

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                          FHF is a lot more streamlined
                          This without a doubt for me

Comment

I see these used a lot. Whats the advantage to a harness pack type system over the strap harness that keeps them on your chest with the pack system.

Comment

FHF with the rangefinder pouch. Love this thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X