Patio Misting Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patio Misting Systems

I'm doing the initial research for a patio misting system. Depending on the system, they can lower the temp in the misting area by about 20 degrees F. Has anyone installed one of these? I'm looking for recommendations.

I know they work great in dog kennels. I've been wanting to install one on my patio for a while, just haven't done it.

Comment

We had one on our porch of our old house. Made it out of PVC, with individual brass misters drilled in. Worked great! Just had to clean out the misters every once in a while with CLR due to the hard water. You could really tell a difference in the temperatures though.

Comment

They work wonderfully if you have good quality water to put through them. Unfortunately for people living in our area, the water has so much hardness that the mist over time will build up a chalky residue on anything that it comes into contact with. There was a system on the patio of a nearly new house that I purchased to use as a rental and I pulled the thing off and threw it away prior to even advertising the house for rent.

Comment

Originally posted by RedRaider323 View Post
          We had one on our porch of our old house. Made it out of PVC, with individual brass misters drilled in. Worked great! Just had to clean out the misters every once in a while with CLR due to the hard water. You could really tell a difference in the temperatures though.
          Did you use a pressure pump or just the low pressure from the hose?

Comment

I have one made by Orbit. As mentioned, hard water clogs them. Also, be sure to drain or remove cap from filter "t" during winter.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X