Are any land sureyors on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are any land sureyors on here?

Just asking my 86 year old Mom lives near Grandview Texas and she has 55 acres. She wants 10 acres surveyed on one end and 10 acres surveyed on the other end as she is giving me 10 and my brother 10. Survey guy came out multiple times saying he didn't get everything the 1st time. Now he says her sureveys are ready and the fee is 2900.00 Does that sound right?

Not unreasonable, but should have got a quote up front.

Comment

Sounds right. She should've known the fee up front though.

Comment

Sounds pretty darn reasonable to me. I'm a land surveyor in a big city, so things are more expensive here but $2,900 for what you describe sounds like y'all got a heck of a deal.

Comment

Price is close to what I was quoted for a similar job

Comment

Depends on what all he had to do, but it sounds in the ballpark. Without a quote up front you're not really in a position to question whether them having to come out multiple times was a screw up on their part that you're probably paying for. I guess you can question it, but you don't have much of a leg to stand on. As far as the fee it's not crazy.
            Split it with your brother and be grateful to get 10 acres for $1,450.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie182 View Post
              Sounds pretty darn reasonable to me. I'm a land surveyor in a big city, so things are more expensive here but $2,900 for what you describe sounds like y'all got a heck of a deal.
              Absolutely this, by the way, hi Aaron.

The part about not getting everything the first time likely meant they had to make multiple trips and possibly pull other adjoining deeds to prove out the boundary of the subject tract. This is very common and can be pretty time consuming so that price isn't unreasonable at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
                Absolutely this, by the way, hi Aaron.

The part about not getting everything the first time likely meant they had to make multiple trips and possibly pull other adjoining deeds to prove out the boundary of the subject tract. This is very common and can be pretty time consuming so that price isn't unreasonable at all.
                Ha! Had to look at a few of your posts to see who you were!

Comment

Ha! Had to look at a few of your posts to see who you were!
                  Heh, your avatar gave you away.

Comment

The company we are using charges $150 / hour.

Comment

Any suggestions for a surveyor in Trinity County, Apple Springs area?

Comment

This. That was a great deal.

Comment

Not close to the same but I only paid $850 for my survey of just under 9 acres.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I paid $750 for roughly 20 acres. The quote from the first company I contacted was $2700.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                              I paid $750 for roughly 20 acres. The quote from the first company I contacted was $2700.
                              That's probably the difference between a windshield survey and a ground survey.

Comment

Working...
                              X