Water stations for illegals???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Murdering? C'mon man
    Technically, they are committing suicide.

They know the risk.
    They know they are breaking the law. They are making a conscious choice to risk their lives.
    Not a single American citizen or legal resident is committing 'murder'.
    The consequences for their choice are their own.
    Stop the weak *** attempts at guilt shaming.
    No one wants humans to die.. but we are not responsible for the risks they take because they wont deal with issues in their own country.
    And we arent responsible for assisting and insuring safe illegal passage into a country with immigration laws and borders.
    In fact..im pretty sure, thats illegal as well.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
      Murdering? C'mon man

They know the risk.
      They know they are breaking the law. They are making a conscious choice to risk their lives.
      No one wants humans to die.. but we are not responsible for the risks they take because they wont deal with issues in their own country.
      And we arent responsible for assisting and insuring safe illegal passage into a country with immigration laws and borders.
      I have stayed out of this one but that was well said.

Comment

Murdering? C'mon man

They know the risk.
        Hammer meet nail

Comment

Murdering? C'mon man

They know the risk.
          I’m not speaking about illegals that die of natural causes, I’m speaking directly to the one or ones who think it’s cute to joke about setting up a stand on the watering hole. Shooting a human who poses no immediate threat to you is murder, whether they have a legal or illegal status. I don’t think the taking of a human life is a joking matter under any circumstances. And there was no attempt at guilt shaming.

Otherwise I agree with your post.

Comment

Murdering? C'mon man

They know the risk.
            So are people that text while driving or drink & drive. I guess we should not render aide to them when they get in an accident either?? People that over dose on drugs, same boat no medical attention for them either?? Add speed demons to this list??

I think most people don't support the illegal entry of people no matter what the reason might be for said illegal entry. I don't think most humans have an issue with providing water for someone dying of dehydration. Just because someone agrees with providing them water does not mean they support their illegal entry. Just my $ .02.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
              I’m not speaking about illegals that die of natural causes, I’m speaking directly to the one or ones who think it’s cute to joke about setting up a stand on the watering hole. Shooting a human who poses no immediate threat to you is murder, whether they have a legal or illegal status. I don’t think the taking of a human life is a joking matter under any circumstances. And there was no attempt at guilt shaming.

Otherwise I agree with your post.
              1) Trust me, the 1st one you hear about getting shot from a deer stand on the news, isn't the 1st one shot - it's just the 1st one you'll hear about on the news...

2) sss didn't originate on the GS....

3) ...and if you think its only white ranch owners doing it down south, you'd be wrong...very wrong.

Comment

There is a reason that I don't take my family 50 miles offshore in a 16' flat bottom, with no life jackets, no form of communication and no flare gun, but if I did and will all died then that would be totally my fault now wouldn't it?
                I won't ever do that because ITS A VERY BAD IDEA/CHOICE AND WE COULD and probably would ALL DIE..

Taking the chance, breaking the law and crossing our border illegally, with the soul intentions of leaching off of our system, is no different.. Life is full of choices.. They are not being forced over here.. Its a choice they make. A risk they choose to take...
                There are plenty that will not ever leave Mexico because they love there home country..
                We should not be doing ANYTHING to make it easier or more appealing to the ones that choose to.. That is the exact opposite of what needs to be happening..

Plus the state is setting it self up for lawsuits.. If the water runs out and someone dies the state will be sued. Say it ain't so????? Look up the case in Arizona from a few years ago concerning this exact thing.. And the illegals family won..
                Last edited by PondPopper; 07-07-2018, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                  So are people that text while driving or drink & drive. I guess we should not render aide to them when they get in an accident either??
                  I've stayed out of this one as well but this analogy is weak and flat out wrong, especially the drinking and driving. The proper analogy regarding drinking and driving would be setting up coffee and food stations so they could sober up as they drive drunk/break the law; NOT rendering aid after they crash.

So, would you be in favor of the government (tax dollars) setting up coffee and food stations to sober people up as they break the law/drive drunk? A law that doesn't have to be broken, is completely avoidable and encourages doing it again in the future?? That is the correct analogy.
                  Last edited by cehorn; 07-07-2018, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post
                    1) Trust me, the 1st one you hear about getting shot from a deer stand on the news, isn't the 1st one shot - it's just the 1st one you'll hear about on the news...

3) ...and if you think its only white ranch owners doing it down south, you'd be wrong...very wrong.
                    No one is shooting illegals unless it’s legitimate self defense.. Get over it. I don’t know what someone told you in a bar, but most ranchers down here are tolerant and sympathetic to their condition. People that don’t live anywhere near border, know nothing about the situation and like to talk big say what they Would Do... but they wouldn’t.

Anyone that shoots another human being in cold blood is a murderer. There aren’t too many of those no matter what the news tells you.

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
                      I've stayed out of this one as well but this analogy is weak and flat out wrong, especially the drinking and driving. The proper analogy regarding drinking and driving would be setting up coffee and food stations so they could sober up as they drive drunk/break the law; NOT rendering aid after they crash.

So, would you be in favor of the government (tax dollars) setting up coffee and food stations to sober people up as they break the law/drive drunk? A law that doesn't have to be broken, is completely avoidable and encourages doing it again in the future?? That is the correct analogy.
                      I guess we can agree to disagree... The analogy was that due to someone's bad decision ( which includes braking the law ), as was implied by the post I quoted, the illegal aliens have put themselves in a life threatening situation (become dehydrated/ suffer heat stroke ). No different than the person texting While driving, drinking & driving and/or speeding causing serious bodily injuries due to an accident. The question then becomes, would you render aide?? I would render aide and will not judge you or anyone else for not doing so as that is not my place. If tax payer money could be effectively used to prevent accidents from the issues I have listed above I would not be opposed. Key word is effectively.

Whether it is tax payer money or not should not even a consideration, if you consider how politicians continuously squander money. Consider this for a moment, when an illegal gets sent to the hospital for heat stroke, who do you think pays the big $ bill??? Can you imaging how many gallons of water can be put out with the same amount of money?? That could be 3-4 weeks of treatments with no one disputing charges racked up by the nedical facility. Not to mention 24/7 guard duty. If money/cost is what worries people they might want to reconsider their logic.

If anyone really believes that these water stations are motivating illegals to come across I can't help with that kind of misaligned reasoning.

Comment

Last I heard Aiding and Abetting someone that is in the commission of a crime was also a crime. Illegal entry into the US is a crime and facilitating that crime by providing resources such as water or food or shelter is, wait for it----------------A CRIME!

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                          No one is shooting illegals unless it’s legitimate self defense.. Get over it. I don’t know what someone told you in a bar, but most ranchers down here are tolerant and sympathetic to their condition. People that don’t live anywhere near border, know nothing about the situation and like to talk big say what they Would Do... but they wouldn’t.

Anyone that shoots another human being in cold blood is a murderer. There aren’t too many of those no matter what the news tells you.
                          Most ranchers are tolerant and sympathetic??? Maybe in your circle but I highly doubt it..

I can promise you that 100% of the ranchers that I know, that regularly deal with illegals, do not fall into this category...

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post

agreed...people sure like to talk big and assume a lot on the GS..that actually know nothing.

like...just because I live near Houston, there's no way I could also own a house in the Valley...
                            or that my wife's family might have resided in that area since the 1800s (probably decades before their's even moved to the Valley)...much less on both sides of the river.
                            no way I could still have childhood friends with family ranchers all over Hidalgo county that have been passed down from generation to generation, where I've spent a countless number of summers growing up...etc...

yeah I agree...a lot of "know nothing" going on in this thread....

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post

Are you saying that you personally know individuals who've shot an illegal from a deer stand (or from any form of cover), the shooting resulted in death and then in an attempt to conceal their crime, they buried a body and never involved the police?

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post
                                Are you saying that you personally know individuals who've shot an illegal from a deer stand (or from any form of cover), the shooting resulted in death and then in an attempt to conceal their crime, they buried a body and never involved the police?

I said that?

Comment

Working...
                                X