Blind Elevators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blind Elevators

Has any of you used the Blind Elevators that are used to build stands? Have you homebuilt one?

kraftymate

I used them for a homemade blind I built this year. Make sure the base is sturdy--first attempt to set mine up I ripped the 2X4's off the bottom-rookie mistake. After reinforcing them it went up easily. They are worth the $80 or so.
    Mike

Comment

I helped my bro-in-law build a blind with those this year. Not bad a'tall, but the 4X4 legs will require quite a bit of X bracing.

Comment

Consider this, from a sponsor here at TBH...
        http://www.deertexas.com/store/deer_blind.html

Comment

Those things work great. Not sure you could build them (time inc) for $80.

Comment

I used them on the bow blind I built this past summer. They are very easy to use and for the price you cant beat em. I put the base together first and then the walls and roof.

They are strong enough to hold up alot of wood and two heavywieght (overwieght) guys.

Comment

Ryan,
              I would like to get a detail on those windows. I am assuming that is shoot-thru mesh.

Comment

Windows are about 33" x 20". The screen is from the Double Bull Matrix replacement netting that I put into a regular window screen frame. It only lasted a couple of hunts because of the glare once the sun came up over the trees. With the blacked out inside the deer never even looked up when the big windows were open.

Comment

Bar2hntr, they are both pretty much the same idea for home made bases. www.sportsmansguide.com got 2 last year. so far so good will find out this weekend with the high winds comin'.

Comment

Ryan, what's the size of that stand?

Comment

Ryan pm sent!

Comment

8' long x 6' deep x 6' tall and about 6' off the ground.

Comment

Gracias!

Comment

Blind Elevators

Can someone give some SPECIFIC measurments on these, maybe take some pictures with a ruler next to it and the angle it welded on.

Thanks
                            kraftymate

Comment

pm sent

Comment

Working...
                              X