No announcement yet.

How do you get rid of cat smell!?!!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odoban works pretty well. Get the concentrated stuff and only dilute half as much as they say - or not at all if it's really bad. Good luck!

Comment

Ok. I’m going to try the amazon ozone machine I think. There’s just so much work to be done on the house I’m trying to pinch pennies where I can.

Comment

just be careful with the ozone, it can kill you

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post
          just be careful with the ozone, it can kill you
          This right here!! DO NOT try to do work on the house while you have that ozone machine running! Ozone poisoning is some bad stuff and indeed can be fatal.

Comment

Ok so to that point the room is 13x14. How big of a machine should I get and how long should I run it? I’ll tape the door bottom. The room has two big windows I can open up to ventilate when it’s done.

I see the cheap machines are 5000mg. No idea what that means but they are about 50 bucks. The 11000mg job is 100 bucks.

Comment

The $56 Amazon machine is all you need. Run it for several hours and stay out of the room. May take multiple cycles. If you have central air and heat, do not run it if you are in the house.

Comment

Ok it’s on its way. Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                  Have you tried ozone

This for sure. But be advised ozone isn’t good for the lungs LOL. I did a PSA on it recently take my word for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by gwellstx View Post
                    Odoban works pretty well. Get the concentrated stuff and only dilute half as much as they say - or not at all if it's really bad. Good luck!
                    This !!

Comment

Washing the walls down with Tniks might help.

Comment

Must.resist.getting.banned.again.

Comment

I have dealt with this, luckily, mine was only a small 1-2’ square area i had to deal with.

You will have to remove the flooring. Then, depending on what if under the flooring depends on where you go from there.

I had a concrete slab that was porous. I had to get some urine enzyme neutralizer and soaked the concrete multiple times to really get it to cut down the odor. Soak the area and clean the area. Soak and clean. Then let it dry and repeat. It took a while (like month or two), and honestly, when the humid gets elevated in that area, I can still smell it a little at times.

Comment

Laminate flooring has a mat underneath it to take the echo out and prevent moisture from the slab. If the cat was peeing/spraying my bet is that and the particle board below the laminate is holding the smell. I am no ozone expert but I’m not sure if it will get rid of that.

Comment

All the cleaning thus far has gotten rid of most of it. We will see on Thursday night or so.

Comment

My first house reeked of dog pee when I bought it. I put vinegar in a bug sprayer and soaked everything down. Ceilings, walls and floors. I sprayed 2 or 3 gallons. It worked wonders!

Comment

Working...
                                X