Absurdity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absurdity

Was just threatened by a drunk guy and his wife down the road. In my understanding, the law has big no nos surrounding alcohol and firearms. Multiple witnesses as I had kids leaving my house after bible study ( who he initially started the altercation with). He even left his vehicle and wanted physical altercation (which was hair raising as once you're fiddling around in vehicle I have no idea what you're doing). Luckily no ones hurt but when asked if I wanted to press charges I felt like I should, he literally lives a handful of houses down the road, and the way he shoved his wife around sure made it seem like household violence is regular there.
    DA nixed it. Cop was great, said they have no idea why they'd not run with the charges.
    people have been charged for less. Way less.

If you dont bother voting, or have been frustrated with the system in harris county, I strongly urge you to atleast vote GOP for the DA office.

Random rant over. Wouldn't mind feedback on whether that's the norm for something like this? Still just bothered by the whole thing.

This was confusing. Where did the alcohol and firearms come in?

Comment

Harris County folks sure need to vote!

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
        This was confusing. Where did the alcohol and firearms come in?
        Guy was drunk as all get out. So drunk driving. Threatened to go home get his gun and blow my brains out. Got out of his vehicle and wanted to fight

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
          Guy was drunk as all get out. So drunk driving. Threatened to go home get his gun and blow my brains out. Got out of his vehicle and wanted to fight

Fight him. If he had to “go home to get a gun” he’s behind the 8 ball. I’ve got one right here. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Your story is confusing . What kind of altercation did he start with the kids leaving your house? This apparently happened some time ago?

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              Fight him. If he had to “go home to get a gun” he’s behind the 8 ball. I’ve got one right here. [emoji6]

Hahaha I mean I was ready if I had to, but with a bunch of younger kids around was focused on de-escalating.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
                Hahaha I mean I was ready if I had to, but with a bunch of younger kids around was focused on de-escalating.

That’s because you’re a good dad. Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                  Your story is confusing . What kind of altercation did he start with the kids leaving your house? This apparently happened some time ago?
                  Few hours ago. Blocked in one of the kids cause he swore his brights were on, just the newer truck lights that are bright. Would not let it go. all I did was tell him to let it go and leave. Was not happy that I told him to go

Comment

How did this have time to get to the DA to have him/her refuse to prosecute???

Comment

How did this have time to get to the DA to have him/her refuse to prosecute???
                      I dunno. Just relaying what the cops told me. That the DAs office wouldn't take it.

Comment

Does not make sense that the DA's office would be open that time of night for them to refuse to accept the complaint. Sumpin doesn't sound right. Sounds like the cop didn't want to do the paperwork or whatever they have to do when you file charges. I imagine you can still file charges; shouldn't have to make that decision on the spot. At the same time, I doubt that the dude would get much thrown at him. I would have thought the cop should have arrested him on the spot, but he may have been ready to get off duty.

Comment

Does not make sense that the DA's office would be open that time of night for them to refuse to accept the complaint. Sumpin doesn't sound right. Sounds like the cop didn't want to do the paperwork or whatever they have to do when you file charges. I imagine you can still file charges; shouldn't have to make that decision on the spot. At the same time, I doubt that the dude would get much thrown at him. I would have thought the cop should have arrested him on the spot, but he may have been ready to get off duty.
                          Possibly. Have no idea. Dad was in town so he came to stop by, driving away he said theres 4 cops sitting, 2 south of the guys house and 2 north of it. So I can atleast rest easy for a bit.

I should mention they said theres now a "trespassing order" or something on that guy, and if hes on our sidewalk I call and he gets arrested, no questions asked. They did file a report and gave me the case number, dispatch number to call if he bothered us more, etc.
                          Last edited by Hooverfb; 10-09-2020, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Harris Co has Prosecutors on duty 24hrs a day. Officers have to call in to make an arrest. I have no idea how they Police in that county.

Comment

The DA's office in Harris County is open 24/7/365. They have an intake division that handles calls "after hours, weekends, and holidays". My guess is the officer called intake on a cell, spoke with an assistant DA working and got a refusal.

Comment

Working...
                              X