Shoot or...one more year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoot or...one more year?

This is the second biggest buck we have seen on the Harahey this year.
    Originally I had planned on shooting him after the rut if he is not broken up.

I'm considering letting him go one more year. He put on quite a bit of horn this year and I am hoping he does the same next year.

What would you do?

What do you think he scores?

Age?

(Second Pic. is not him, can't figure out to delete it)
    Attached Files

Let him ride he may surprise you. Do you have a long term deal.

Comment

at least 1 more

Comment

Id shoot if given the opportunity.

4.5-5.5 and 130s

Leaning more to 5.5. Looks young in first pics but that last pic he looks older.

Comment

Hard to tell but he looks mature. I don't think he is over the hill by any means though. I would just be arm waving but I say he is 5.5 this year. You could roll the dice but there is always a chance he doesn't make it. Your call.

Comment

He sure is pretty. I'd personally let him walk in hopes that his g4 grows next year and possibly puts on another one on his right side. Rough estimate on score would be close to 140. If I didn't have a deer bigger than him he sure would be hard to pass though.

Comment

Pic #2 is a different buck. Thats what made me think 4.5 so im sticking 5.5 min.
              Last edited by Antlers86; 12-16-2014, 11:07 AM.

Comment

I can't see him past 4.5, so I am out of the norm on this one. I would let him go if I had the opportunity at him next year. That would be a tough one to pass though. He sure is a good looking deer.

Comment

Both deer look mature to me.

Comment

Originally posted by castandblast View Post
                    i can't see him past 4.5, so i am out of the norm on this one. I would let him go if i had the opportunity at him next year. That would be a tough one to pass though. He sure is a good looking deer.

Comment

Originally posted by rlwenzel View Post
                      Let him ride he may surprise you. Do you have a long term deal.
                      Yes, long term deal. He should make it as long as the rut doesn't get him.
                      There are only two of us hunting a 2500 acre place with little hunting pressure around us. Here is a Pic. straight on.
                      Also including a pic. of the management deer I think I will chase. We call him Moose.
                      Attached Files

Comment

That much land then yes pass. I really like "Moose"! Good luck.

Comment

Uno mas ano!

Comment

For sure let him walk and shoot moose.

Comment

Another year for me!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X