Old or sick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old or sick?

Can you give an age on both of these deer. Sorry the one pic is a bad angle but best I have.
    Can't tell if these is a really old or sick buck. Or both. Thanks guys.

Either way, that is probably the trashiest deer I've ever seen. You could have it mounted and nobody would think its a decent mount.

Comment

Looks ancient to me

Comment

Looks to be sick or snake bit. Look at the left front leg and lower jaw! the right ham seems to have something wrong with it also.

The last pic isn't the same deer!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flint knapper View Post

Yea I was wanting to get an age on him aswell.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Snake Bit or Broken front left leg. Could also be old.

Comment

Either way I wouldnt eat it. I've seen animals that get bit swell up but do they loose so much weight their ribs and bones show ? I figured if it got that sick from snake bite they'd just die well before that much weight loss. But then again I didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn express last night either.

Comment

Originally posted by Flint knapper View Post
                  Looks to be sick or snake bit. Look at the left front leg and lower jaw! the right ham seems to have something wrong with it also.

Good eye. Yeah looks like this buck has been through the wars. Even his ears are flopped down with No support. Hard to tell how old he is because of all the injuries and probably wore out,

Comment

Are the dates right on the pics?

Comment

^ no sir. They're from this week.

Comment

How do you get your feeder to throw all the corn in one pile like that?

And, the first buck is either recovering or wasting away from those injuries that were pointed out. Last one is 3.5 IMO.

Comment

Snake Bit. They usually die and if they don't die they never fully develop antler wise. We see at least 1 a year. Let one live for 3 years once. Foot finally rotted off. He never got above 80inches and when we shot him he was 4.

Comment

Looking wore out, beat up and sick. The bottom pick, deer looks ok, just pulled down due to the rut.

Comment

Man that old buck has some fallen arches. He couldn't be any more flat-footed.
                              I say old and sick. Snake bit is probably a good diagnosis. He has some calluses on his knees too.
                              The 2nd buck looks like a 3 year old to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X