No announcement yet.

Freestone county (Fairfield) questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hunt off of CR 121, about 2 miles off of 833, at the very end of the road. We have about 2000 acres and I've been on the lease for 23 years. The area is tough and will challenge the patients. I love to bow hunt which makes it even more challenging. We run about 8 feeders and also do food plots. We do see some deer at our feeders, but they seem to come to smaller plots in thick woods. We battle the hogs at the feeders which I think runs off deer sometimes. After a very slow year this year, we (six hunters on lease) are going to run feeders next year, but hunt trails with pop ups and only hand corn a shooting lane. We are looking for 3.5 year deer and older to shoot, which they are rare....even dropping down to 3.5 years in the past years we struggled. The place we hunt is large, good cover, hard woods and flooded timber, good water sources. After 23 years of hunting it, I would recommend to find the trails in the woods with pop up blinds and move as the deer sign moves. This is what we are doing starting next year. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
    X