No announcement yet.

4 wheeler rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sweet! Looks tough and enduring, i agree with the mud issue though may want to put some flaps on or carry stuff thats ok to get muddy.

Comment

Looks Great

Comment

Good job.

x-whatever on the mud flaps.
        x-whatever on the IRS being soft.
        If the front get light just shoot another deer ant put it on the front rack to hold the front end down.

Mine is built to attach to the multi-mount winch bracket so it mounts a little higher and is very easy to install/remove.
        I use it for EVERYTHING, fencing, hay bales, fire wood, etc.
        When I build mine I put the flaps on the rack itself cuz I didn't want 'em on the 4wheeler all the time.

Comment

looks good

Comment

Nice job on the fab. From the photos I can't tell how you are attaching to the ATV. Are you using a 2" receiver tube with 2" tubing from the rack? Looks really handy. When I shoot something I always have a debate whether I ride back to camp (usually 30 to 45 minutes each way) and get something to haul it on or try to load it on the ATV rack (usually a 45 minute operation for anything I can't manhandle myself).

Originally posted by Abbott View Post
            Buddy and I built this yesturday when we had nothing to do. Tell me what you think of it.

[ATTACH]197314[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]197315[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]197316[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post
              Good job.

x-whatever on the mud flaps.
              x-whatever on the IRS being soft.
              If the front get light just shoot another deer ant put it on the front rack to hold the front end down.

Mine is built to attach to the multi-mount winch bracket so it mounts a little higher and is very easy to install/remove.
              I use it for EVERYTHING, fencing, hay bales, fire wood, etc.
              When I build mine I put the flaps on the rack itself cuz I didn't want 'em on the 4wheeler all the time.

I like the idea of yours a lot. That is this only thing mine is a little close to the ground. But on my atv i dont have every many mounting opt. But I hunt a lot in Illinois is it is pretty flat there. Actually that is where I am right now doing some scouting for the nov hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                Nice job on the fab. From the photos I can't tell how you are attaching to the ATV. Are you using a 2" receiver tube with 2" tubing from the rack? Looks really handy. When I shoot something I always have a debate whether I ride back to camp (usually 30 to 45 minutes each way) and get something to haul it on or try to load it on the ATV rack (usually a 45 minute operation for anything I can't manhandle myself).
                I made a 2 inch receiver that mounts where the old atv hitch was. Then to make the rack I told a 6 inch drop reese hitch and turned it around so it would be a 6 inch rise. And then built the rack off of it.

I took it to illinois last yr and hauled 5 deer out of the woods during our shotgun season and never had a problem with it.

Like I said little low to the ground but it works dang good. Esp. if you got a little weight on the front.

Comment

good job,very handy to have

Comment

Working...
                  X