No announcement yet.

Living A Healthy Lifestyle (2017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worked out Sat, Sun, Mon and today. Weekends used to be my downfall for working out so now I seem to have that sorted but still struggling with the diet. I'm hungry all the time and didn't eat well this weekend. Back to MFP today Only 2 weeks in to the resistance training plan the gym put me on and I can see and feel a change in my upper arms/shoulders but the bad diet has negated the calorie burn. Actually woke up and prayed today that I would not be so hungry.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
      Worked out Sat, Sun, Mon and today. Weekends used to be my downfall for working out so now I seem to have that sorted but still struggling with the diet. I'm hungry all the time and didn't eat well this weekend. Back to MFP today Only 2 weeks in to the resistance training plan the gym put me on and I can see and feel a change in my upper arms/shoulders but the bad diet has negated the calorie burn. Actually woke up and prayed today that I would not be so hungry.
      Being hungry is a good thing - it means your metabolism is working well! Find something to use when you feel hungry. I get a large glass of water immediatly and if I am still hungry after that is gone then I will get some type of fruit or vegetable to snack on. I only eat if the water doesn't take away the hunger feeling and usually the water takes care of it for me

Comment

tagging for later reading

Comment

Best tasting protein powder ever! Only water needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm still hanging in there. I jacked up my calories to around 2500 for about 5 days and now I'm back to around 2000. Maybe that will get me over the hump. I've also been working some projects at work and putting in some long hours so my working out has gone out the window. I'm still walking and hitting the bike but not the strength work out.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jpowledge View Post
              I'm still hanging in there. I jacked up my calories to around 2500 for about 5 days and now I'm back to around 2000. Maybe that will get me over the hump. I've also been working some projects at work and putting in some long hours so my working out has gone out the window. I'm still walking and hitting the bike but not the strength work out.

I am about to be in the same boat workout wise. I work in garden retail and landscape and busy season is just beyond the horizon. Going to have to find a different time to work out.

Comment

How is everyone doing?

Comment

Originally posted by jpowledge View Post
                  How is everyone doing?

Still plugging along. This morning was chest, shoulders, and triceps strength day for me. How about you?

Comment

been a few days of soreness after the first Crossfit Games Open Workout that I did last Friday. Got back into the gym yesterday and did a running/Toes to Bar workout to get loosened up and have another light day today with some Rowing/GHD Situps. Will get a more moderate day in tomorrow and then rest Thursday before taking on the 2nd Crossfit Games Open workout on Friday evening after work. I will keep this schedule for all 5 weeks of the Open Competition and then fall back into my normal 5 day workout schedule

Comment

I have been plugging along myself. The family and I went down to Cherry Spring for a weekend of no cell service and no schedule. Great recharge.

Comment

Still doing a full body workout 3 times a week plus the treadmill 3 to 5 times a week. Weighed today and finally went under 170.

I was sick last week and only made it to gym once. I think it might have been good rest actually. I benched more than I ever have yesterday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's a good article on nutrition and how to tweak it for fat loss or for hypertrophy (muscle growth).

For even the most talented coaches and athlete that make the gym their playground on a daily basis, putting together a goal oriented fat loss or hypertrophy nutritional program to match the needs of a training program can be extremely difficult.  But then again, that's why personal trainers aren't nutritional experts.  We'll leave that to the

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

On track. Steadily dropping 1 1/2lb per week. Sometimes means a fasting day to stay on track.

Comment

Hour long workout in the hotel gym this afternoon. My travel season has started back in full force. Now I'm selecting hotels based on their gym. Diet is another story.

Comment

in

Comment

Working...
                                X