??Can a 42#@ 28" Longbow hunt??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

??Can a 42#@ 28" Longbow hunt??

Just curious as to any of you have any objections to me huntin' Texas with this bow...whitetail, piggies, varmants of all sorts...shooting GoldTip Trads with 150gr tips (prolly stick Buzzcuts on them for deer and pigs) arrows are 30" 500spine. Just bought some weight tubes to make them heavier...8GPIs from 3Rivers..
    What say ya'll?

No minimum weight in Texas. 42# is enough to get the job done, if you are getting all of it. Tuning and accuracy are far more important than weight scribbled on a bow.

I prefer the no restrictions as it focus on personal responsibility rather than a cookie cutter approach by fish and game. 40# with someone that short strokes the draw under pressure is worse than 35# in the hands of someone whom can deliver the goods with properly tuned shafts.

Not much in Texas that can not be harvested with the set up you describe.

Comment

Well, I get 27" inches on the draw so Im a couple pounds off the 42...but, yeah, gotta put it in the right spot...just curious to see if I got any, "*** are you doing?" you need at least a 50+ lber.....hehehe

Comment

I've got a 35lb @ 28 (I draw to 29) that I'm confident will put a deer in the dirt as long as I do my part. Having said that I'm not confident enough yet with my abilities to try it.

You'll be fine.

Richard

Comment

Absolutely I hunt mostly 43 lbs with 420gr total arrow weight for awhile and had good results so far , none of the animals lived to complain about it.

Comment

Que bueno to hear...I'm might try it....thanks for the input...

Comment

Yes, it will work. Just make sure to get the critters close, have your setup well tuned, and use razor sharp broadheads, and you will be fine. The only thing I would hesitate on with that light of a draw weight is really big shielded boars.

Bisch

Comment

I use 42 or 43# bows, and shoot much better than I used to when I was young and used 65# bows.

Comment

My 41# Bob Lee has knocked the crap out of some midwest deer here in Indiana. I never shoot over 20 yards and usually the broadhead is sticking out the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                    Yes, it will work. Just make sure to get the critters close, have your setup well tuned, and use razor sharp broadheads, and you will be fine. The only thing I would hesitate on with that light of a draw weight is really big shielded boars.

Bisch
                    But stick 'em anyway, they'll run off and die. Coyotes got to eat too !

Comment

Working...
                    X