Capsule feeder opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capsule feeder opinions

For those that own one or have ever owned one. A buddy of mine is turning 75 and still loves to hunt. He is looking for a feeder that is easy to fill and will hold 500-600 pounds of corn. I suggested he look at the capsules but I told him I would ask the GS for help.

So what says the GS?

Never used one personally but a good friend has multiple. Biggest complaint is that you need to vacuum out the bottom every refill, if you don’t the corn dust will build up a clog the auger.

Comment

My dad is in the same situation. 83 years old. Didnt need to be crawling up on that feeder ladder anymore. We got him one of these. Hes had it about 5 years now. Works good for him. Only prob he has sometimes is corn dust can clog up in the bottom and the auger wont work as well. Gotta clean it out and good to go. But that doesnt happen very often. He can scoop corn out of a barrel and stand and pour in or stand and pour in straight from the bag. Its helped him a lot.

Comment

I got one this year and love it....Just have to set the run time a little longer, 3 seconds for me.

Comment

I have two and have used them for 3 years with out any problem.
          I highly recommend them and I'm 67.

Comment

I would also look at the Lamco Low & Throw. The 600lb is only 48” tall.

Comment

I do not have one....a friend of mine has one....the auger "can" get clogged and not throw corn. They are very easy to fill which is a distinct advantage. Batteries, timers, electronics, augers, etc....stuff can happen to all of our feeders. I would go which is easiest to fill for your buddy.

Comment

Capsule feeder opinions

STAY AWAY!!! Can’t stress this enough. Run a search on here and youlll find lots of bad reviews. Go with an HB feeder or something similar. You’ll be much happier.

Comment

Originally posted by WTN View Post

http://www.lamcofeeders.com/products...ow-corn-feeder

Check out these too. I have 2 capsule feeders & no problem from them either. The last 2 feeders I have bought were the Lamco's. I like them better than the capsules ,but the capsule feeders are a lot easier to move if necessary.

Comment

Have a capsule and love it. Absolutely no complaints.

Comment

When I was looking for stand and fill feeders I considered the Capsule but there were/are a lot of mixed opinions on them and their reliability. I ended up buying these from a TBH sponsor Ultramatic and they have been awesome. Added bonus the coons didnt touch them.

Comment

I have 3 and I love them , no more falling off ladders and no more cow and hog damage.

Comment

I bought 4 of them. Tried for 2 years to get them to work. Never did I ever check them that at least one of them was not hung up.
                          Sold them here for $250.00 a piece.

Check out texas hunter products directional feeders. I have been running them and I’m very happy with them

Comment

I put one In this year. Ran it a month and got an All Seasons to replace it.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WTN View Post

http://www.lamcofeeders.com/products...ow-corn-feeder
                              That definitely looks like it could work for him. Thanks for the link.

Comment

Working...
                              X