New to me Super mag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to me Super mag

Got a Super Mag 48 in the mail today. Put about 50 arrows through it. Definitely not a speed bow by any means, but I thought it a smooth sweet shooter. Less tolerant of bad form and release then others I have shot, but still nice to shoot. The big surprise was I found NO finger pinch, I even let e few fly with a 3 under grip.
    I'll post a few pics this evening if I get a chance.

They have been around for a long time, there is a reason for that pretty well Designed. ive had a couple down to just one now I bought for Blind hunting

Comment

When shooting them a hard grip will cause it to torque and have terrible flight.

Comment

I had a Kodiak mag the 52" and a loose grip made it an accurate bow.

Comment

mine

Comment

I had never really been a fan of the high wrist set of most bows, but found today that if I tuck the grip into the back inside knuckle of my thumb and leave a very relaxed hand the bow did perform much nicer. This bow may be ideal as well for the thick privet and green briar in East Texas.

Comment

Super mags are a tried and true Design. I have been on the lookout for a particular model year in a heavier weight. Good on ya shoot that thing.

Comment

It appears I didn't post any pics. Let me fix that.
                The target was one of my first groups, there were a few strays and the wild angle was caused by hitting another shaft. Even in today's wind I shot maybe 50 more. at 10-12 yards I could still keep them together, but not much further.
                Attached Files

Comment

I wish I could shoot a short bow. That would be great in a popup.

Comment

New to me Super mag

Originally posted by muddydog View Post
                    I wish I could shoot a short bow. That would be great in a popup.

Agreed! Me and short bows do not get along at all!

Bisch

Comment

Why does Bear put inserts in ALL their bows? I am not a big insert fan. My $.02

Comment

I would love to just try that bow. Definitely a fun one to have in any collection.

Comment

Definately one of the bows that I want to add to my collection. I doubt that it would get used much, though. I have five of the Kodiak Magnums that are fun to shoot but there is finger pinch. I just want one because it is the shortest adult production bow ever built by Bear that I am aware of.

Comment

There are a few shorter bows out there, but not Bear made. If that matters to anyone or not? SwampRabbit If you are ever in my neck of the woods send a message and come shoot a bit. It's a fun little bow that's for sure. However, It does take some getting used to.

Comment

There was a great article on these bows in Trad Bowhunter mag a while back, killing a couple Cape Buffalo with these short bows. Can't remember what issue it was though.

Here is a picture from a different link.

Comment

Working...
                              X