Puncher51 Arrow Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puncher51 Arrow Build

I’m just trying to get a better setup for hunting elk, as well as white tails, hogs, and exotics.
    I shoot a Mathews DXT, 28.5” draw, 70#. My arrows are Easton Axis 340’s, cut at 28 3/8”. I was thinking of going to a 29” arrow. I like the small diameter arrows like the Easton Axis. I also shoot a 100 grain grim reapers. Was leaning towards trying a good fixed blade like an iron will, but the grim reapers have been deadly.
    Again, if you can assist that’d be great, but I understand if you can’t.
    Thank you for your time!
    Kegan

Current arrow, almost perfect

Click image for larger version

Name:	Puncher51ArrowV1.2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	25149626

Elk arrow. FOC is a little lower than what I would want, but this is a heavy shaft (Axis 300) so TAW is really good. An extra 100 gr on the tip will get you where you need to be; maybe some Iron Will V200 you want to try (and I would recommend). You could probably go with the S225 and be good as well, but you only gain 1% FOC.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Puncher51ArrowV2.0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	25149627
    Last edited by Rat; 06-30-2018, 11:16 AM. Reason: I was posting the wrong **** chart...

Okay, that was just about the stupidest thing I've ever done. I think I have them all correct now; I was posting another arrow build and was having a brain fart as to why the images I posted didn't match to what I just built...

Anyway, here they are, finally.

Comment

I greatly appreciate it!! Thank you very much for doing this for me! I owe ya!

Comment

Working...
      X