Covert solar panel + enloops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Gotta be your location, a faulty solar or a faulty camera. This week after a restocking of my cotton seed, I am getting 60-75 pics a day and I am sitting at 80% right now in the middle of the day with the same setup..

Have you tried to put the camera anywhere else to check the camera setup? Like in your backyard for a few days? Somewhere it can get full sun just to make sure it is not a panel or camera issue.

Not yet. I am hunting this stand every other Friday for pigs. What is your trigger interval set on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine is running great with the amazon rechargeables and the panel. Just got it up and running though.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
        Not yet. I am hunting this stand every other Friday for pigs. What is your trigger interval set on?

4 minutes. Because that's as fast as it will send them out in my 20% signal zone. I don't want them overlapping either as it seems to tweak the order of the pics.

What is yours on? and what is the signal?

Comment

So are yall just using eneloop pros and a solar panel and not a 12v feeder battery as well with the auxiliary cable?

Comment

Guy on my lease says he is getting over 3 months from his Covert. Set on 10 min trigger intervals and 24 hour remote delay. I never even tried this I just bought the Amazon 2400's and the solar panel.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyneutrontx View Post
              So are yall just using eneloop pros and a solar panel and not a 12v feeder battery as well with the auxiliary cable?

Yes. Just the Covert panel and the Eneloop Pros.... or the Amazon Basics 2400mah. The AA batteries must have 2400-2500 mah. I’m over a year on my set now.

Comment

4 minutes. Because that's as fast as it will send them out in my 20% signal zone. I don't want them overlapping either as it seems to tweak the order of the pics.

What is yours on? and what is the signal?
                40% signal, 5 minute intervals now. I did have it on 30 secs for the longest

Comment

Yes. Just the Covert panel and the Eneloop Pros.... or the Amazon Basics 2400mah. The AA batteries must have 2400-2500 mah. I’m over a year on my set now.

Forgot to add, off the top of my head, I know personally of 9 cameras running this setup with no issues. 4 in high deer and/or pig density areas.

Comment

Covert solar panel + enloops

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
                    40% signal, 5 minute intervals now. I did have it on 30 secs for the longest
                    Is it showing any better battery performance set on the minutes mark?

I had no idea you were setting it on “seconds”. I have found that anytime we set it on seconds it screws with the cameras data processing at lower signal. It takes a few minutes to get a picture though the system depending on the signal and basically it just continues to overlay and never gets a break. Sometimes it skips pics because it’s still waiting on processing the first one. Our cameras here local on our pig place will wig out at 20-40% signal using seconds. Very inconsistent. But set them back to 3-4 minutes and they run smoothly. Now neither of the three have given us a battery issue when using seconds but then again we set them back to minutes when we saw what it was doing. Maybe the seconds is for folks with much better signal... like 80-100% which I can get here in my backyard but never tried it. Just a thought.
                    Last edited by Smart; 03-15-2018, 07:30 AM.

Comment

I just ordered 12 eneloop pros hoping they work better that the energizer rechargeable I was previously using.

The first time out of the package I got a few months out of them then everytime I charged them the batteries would read full charge for a day or so then go to down to zero in a matter of days. Even with a15watt solar panel and 12volt feeder battery

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyneutrontx View Post
                        I just ordered 12 eneloop pros hoping they work better that the energizer rechargeable I was previously using.

The first time out of the package I got a few months out of them then everytime I charged them the batteries would read full charge for a day or so then go to down to zero in a matter of days. Even with a15watt solar panel and 12volt feeder battery

The Energizers are poor unfortunately. What was the MAH of the ones you bought ? Like 1300-1700maH?

Hope your solar panel is as strong as the Coverts brand.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Is it showing any better battery performance set on the minutes mark?

I had no idea you were setting it on “seconds”. I have found that anytime we set it on seconds it screws with the cameras data processing at lower signal. It takes a few minutes to get a picture though the system depending on the signal and basically it just continues to overlay and never gets a break. Sometimes it skips pics because it’s still waiting on processing the first one. Our cameras here local on our pig place will wig out at 20-40% signal using seconds. Very inconsistent. But set them back to 3-4 minutes and they run smoothly. Now neither of the three have given us a battery issue when using seconds but then again we set them back to minutes when we saw what it was doing. Maybe the seconds is for folks with much better signal... like 80-100% which I can get here in my backyard but never tried it. Just a thought.

Are you referring to the delay between pics or something else? I have mine set on 45 seconds currently and have not see any problems but have not pulled the card and looked at those images either.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

The Energizers are poor unfortunately. What was the MAH of the ones you bought ? Like 1300-1700maH?

Hope your solar panel is as strong as the Coverts brand.

Here are the specs on the solar panel I’m using. Thoughts? Is it comparable to coverts

Comment

Originally posted by muddyz View Post
                                Guy on my lease says he is getting over 3 months from his Covert. Set on 10 min trigger intervals and 24 hour remote delay. I never even tried this I just bought the Amazon 2400's and the solar panel.
                                Any thoughts on this? Seems like a waste to drop $75 on a panel and rechargeable if he is getting that life on regular AAs.

Comment

Working...
                                X