Be careful!!! Copperheads are out and eating locusts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be careful!!! Copperheads are out and eating locusts

This one lost! My son and his 410 = 1 and copperhead s 0.
    Attached Files

g
    Good one there,,, DEAD!!!!!!

Comment

Sense he's dead, it would make a nice backing for a bow. I hate to see these go to waste. How long is it ?

Comment

I was under the house plumbing all morning Sunday, yesterday afternoon my parents were over and helping around the yard and mom starting taking leaves from under the house and pulled one out from where I had been working.

Sure wish I didn't have to get back under there to finish two lines....

Comment

Our JR dug up a baby under the in laws oak tree yesterday! Wouldn’t let the kids around it!

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
            I was under the house plumbing all morning Sunday, yesterday afternoon my parents were over and helping around the yard and mom starting taking leaves from under the house and pulled one out from where I had been working.

Sure wish I didn't have to get back under there to finish two lines....
            You are braver than me!!! I would be calling a plumber.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterSanders View Post
              Our JR dug up a baby under the in laws oak tree yesterday! Wouldn’t let the kids around it!
              Makes sense! Those locusts love the oak trees and the copperheads sit at the bottom of them waiting for dinner. We have to search for ours at dusk and dark or we will never see one.

Comment

Yep, killed one last weekend at Bastrop state park South shore, we came back to the camper after fishing till dark to find one at the camper steps.

Comment

Saturday night, my 2 grandsons shot 10 in about a 30 minute time span at our place in Cisco. Got a mobile home with 2 big wooden decks. They live under the house and decks I guess. We’ve killed this many before on 2 occasions, but this is the first time they got little ones. 4 were about 12” long.

Comment

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
                    Saturday night, my 2 grandsons shot 10 in about a 30 minute time span at our place in Cisco. Got a mobile home with 2 big wooden decks. They live under the house and decks I guess. We’ve killed this many before on 2 occasions, but this is the first time they got little ones. 4 were about 12” long.

My new lease is out there . I have been on the look out and its full of oak trees . Forgot my snake boots last time,, Not seen one snake but I am super careful

Any tips would be great .. AZ had timber rattlers and they are super aggressive .. like you need to trot away from them as they will move towards you

I have no seen one myself hate snakes in general .. I have read the bite is rarely fatal .. how aggressive are they ??

do not have a 410 but got a trusty Winchester 1200 12 ga .. Might be totting it along from now on..

Comment

its cicada season...if you have a lot of oak trees, don't wander around them from dusk to midnight. The copperheads come out to eat the cicada larvae that come out of the ground and crawl up the trees.

Comment

up the tree great allot of good my boots will do if I get bit in the face

Comment

Just lace them up around your ears.....

Did someone notify Left Ridge?

Comment

BWHAHAHA right

Comment

Originally posted by Speck View Post
                              its cicada season...if you have a lot of oak trees, don't wander around them from dusk to midnight. The copperheads come out to eat the cicada larvae that come out of the ground and crawl up the trees.
                              Well they better be quick is all I can say cuz my Britt eats them as fast as she can find them.

Comment

Working...
                              X