No announcement yet.

Who all applied to the ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We’ll shoot. Not this year. Good luck to those that got drawn.

Comment

Oh hell no WCB hunting this year?

I guess that's more time for the autograph table and big deer seminars at the main office..

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

I guess that's more time for the autograph table and big deer seminars at the main office..

Comment

3 points and I still didn't get drawn

Comment

Who all applied to the ??

Originally posted by Smart View Post

He can sell “tip sheets” like the guys at the track
              Two bucks, but if you listen to his story, only one buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

No dice here
                Good luck to those who got drawn

Comment

Originally posted by muzzyslinger View Post
                  3 points and I still didn't get drawn

Per the email I got, everyone with 3 or 4 points was drawn. Did you apply last year and did you apply solo?

Going on an adventure!

Comment

Seg C hunters check in here.

Look forward to meeting y'all

Comment

Good luck to everyone drawn. Looks like I'm sitting this one out.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetinlow660 View Post
                        I don't think everyone understands how a drawing works. Its chance 100%. If you buy 75 chances at a rifle and I buy 24 and joe blow buys 1 and they sold 100 tickets then the guy with 1 ticket in the hat still has a chance to have his name drawn before me or you. The preference points increase your odds but its not a slam dunk.

Plus I think that all these people saying they had 3 or 4 preference points are either mistaken or the federal government is manipulating the drawing to help out random people for no reason.

According to the refuge emailed list of preference points EVERYONE with 3 or 4 points got drawn EXCEPT for those that put in with a partner that had less points in which case the points are averaged together and then rounded down and from the way it was explained to me if this was your third year t put in you would only have 2 preference points 3 on the 4th year and 4 on the 5th year
                        Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
                        It’s not 100 percent chance. 75% go into a true preference point system. The people with the most preference points get the tags UNLESS there are more people with that many preference points than tags. Then that group goes into a drawing for what’s left of the tags. Then the last 25% go into a random drawing that everybody has the same chance. Now if they go into the TPWD system it will be like you said a straight up draw.
                        This is exactly right, with the big increase in online applicants I think TPW should go to this system IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Bilbo View Post
                          Per the email I got, everyone with 3 or 4 points was drawn. Did you apply last year and did you apply solo?

Going on an adventure!
                          nope---put in with a buddy,we had 3 pts

Comment

If I looked at the list correctly Mike it shows you only having 2 preference points.
                            Attached Files

Comment

So you hunted there in 2014?

Going on an adventure!

Comment

Working...
                              X