X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great story!

Comment

Well...
      We tried to get out there and put Saca to the test.
      Unfortunately, all this rain got the best of us. We went all-in and lost on this trip.
      It was so bad that we barely made it to the camp house before dark. We didnt even get to hunt.
      It Rained all night and we had to get out of there at first light if we ever wanted a chance of getting out. What normally takes 2.5 hours, took about 7.
      4 four wheel drive trucks, some towing straps and shovels made our main event.
      Hunt or not, Saca was there, deep in the Mexico brush to visit one of the best views that Ive seen in a ranch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by MEsquivel; 12-04-2016, 04:01 PM.

Comment

I'm glad y'all made it out alright my friend

Comment

Originally posted by caughtandhobble View Post
          I'm glad y'all made it out alright my friend
          Thank you!

I wish I had better news.

Comment

Dang, Manuel! I hate that you did not get to hunt, but glad you got out OK! I've been there with the shovel in the mud and know it sure is no fun!

I hope you get another chance to get out with her before your time is up!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
              Dang, Manuel! I hate that you did not get to hunt, but glad you got out OK! I've been there with the shovel in the mud and know it sure is no fun!

I hope you get another chance to get out with her before your time is up!

Bisch
              I'll keep you guys posted.
              Im confident Saca will get bloody pretty soon.

Comment

It's all part of the adventure, as long as you made it.

Comment

Good write up Manuel! Hopefully it'll dry up enough you can get after em! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Cold day here in Laredo.
                    All I can do is wish I was hunting.
                    Went outside with Sacagawea just to make sure we where still on the same page.
                    Here's my first shot on a cold shoulder.
                    That foam javi never stood a chance...

Comment

Nice! I wish my cold shoulder first shot looked that good this morning

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                        Nice! I wish my cold shoulder first shot looked that good this morning

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
                        Me too!!!
                        Im impressed with the little bow.
                        We still need to find out how she performs under buck fever.

Comment

Originally posted by MEsquivel View Post
                          Me too!!!
                          Im impressed with the little bow.
                          We still need to find out how she performs under buck fever.
                          Yes we do!

And I sure hope you get to get back out there and find out!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                            Yes we do!

And I sure hope you get to get back out there and find out!

Bisch
                            I cant wait.

Comment

It finally came together.
                              Made a quick trip to a friends ranch across the border to try my luck.
                              Sacagawea was the weapon of choice.
                              Yesterday was tough. It was cold with a light drizzle.
                              As luck would have it, my feeder didnt go off. At about 4:30 I got out of my hide and spun the feeder plate by hand. And I had a big ole doe come in and give me all kinds of opportunities all evening.
                              We didnt have doe tags, so I was hoping that a buck would come and take a look at this doe.
                              A nice 8 point came by at about 50 yards but ended up chasing another doe that was making her way to the feeder.
                              This morning they put me in a rifle blind. Again, I only had Saca with me. My plan was to
                              shoot out of the door side of the blind.
                              At first light I saw some doe and a young buck feeding on some corn that was on the road. Later, about 150 yards away I saw a group of 4 javelinas go to a feeder that I couldnt see.( I still cant figure out why it was there). Its like 15 yards from the road inside the brush. But you cant see it from the blind.
                              Well, i decided this was my chance and I had to make it happen.
                              I climbed down and eased in that direction. As I got closer, I guess they heard me and they knew something was wrong but couldnt make me out.
                              The boar tried to circle around to catch my wind only to give me the perfect opportunity.
                              Just like I practiced at home. 15 yards broadside.
                              I wont lie. This happend quick and I was on my knees, so I didnt have time to think about it. Autopilot took over and just as we rehearsed at the foam target, my arrow flew straight.
                              The sharp magnus stinger blew right through the javi.
                              He spun and flipped over. He was out in less than 5 seconds and he fell maybe 3 yards from where I shot him. A very quick recovery with no tracking.
                              im still impressed with this little bow.
                              I think its the mojo on the bow that strikes them like lightning.
                              There is no doubt whatsoever that Saca can get it done.
                              I hope to add another critter before my time is up.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X